Chapter 6 (K's POV)

We sat there for a long while, not saying anything. That's when I realized that I had forgot about the evening's hunt. But, sitting next to Luna like this, made me not want to move at all. I felt perfectly blissful like this and I could tell she felt the same.

Nevertheless, it nagged at me and I had to bring it up. I said, "It seems the boys want to hunt today. But I don't think I want to go." She said, smiling, "Don't go, then." I laughed and replied, "That suits me. Bring on the shackles-I'm your prisoner." 

But I wrapped my hands around her wrists as I spoke, laughing at the image in my mind. They could bind me in iron, or steel, or some stronger alloy yet to be discovered, and none of that would hold me the way one look from this perfect girl could. 

Luna said, suddenly quiet, "Doesn't it bother you? Me being a monster, I mean." I said, hoping that she would see my sincere thoughts, "It doesn't matter to me. It just means that you were strong enough to overcome everything that tried to hurt you. I think your scars are beautiful, to be honest. And I could never be prouder. Either way, you're still mine. Mine to fight with, mine to protect, mine to cherish.... Mine to love. And that will never change, little wolf."

She sighed and said, smiling shyly, "You always say the most perfect things." I laughed and pulled her into a hug. After a while, we decided that we should hunt.

We walked downstairs together, hand-in-hand. The others were in the living room, stretching and getting ready to hunt. Fuma was the most excited, and Luna must have picked up on this, because she ran over and gave him a big hug. Fuma enthusiastically returned the hug by picking her up and spinning her in the air.

The pairings for the hunt had already been decided. Yuma and Jo; Harua and EJ; Nicholas and Maki; Taki and Fuma; and Luna and I. I was particularly pleased with this pairing, as I had wanted to hunt with Luna anyway. 

We decided to go separate directions, ranging out to the entire vast expanse of our hunting ground, and meeting up afterwards at a large clearing that we often used for pack meetings. We headed outside to transform.

As the others discussed where to hunt and what time to return, Nicholas pulled me aside and said, "Luna's favorite is mountain lion. If you can find one, she'll love it." With that, the hunt began.