|4| Successful Agony

Mulai dari awal

It roared again and went to lunge at the glass.

"Activate security code 13." The scientist quickly said. A button was pressed, and gas began to fill the chamber. It was a sleeping agent, and it slowly began to take effect.

"Someone inform the Chairman of the success we found today." The vampire grinned at the results.

Even under the effects of the drugs the creature still lashed out as much as it could.

Meanwhile inside the mind of the girl stood Koroko. The alternate personality watched on as the beast from the cage broke forth. Turning the girl into a wild animal.

"I am sorry Kaji." She muttered, "I tried to hold it back as long as I could but, I wasn't enough today."

UPON RECEIVING WORD from the scientists, Chairman Asato was pleased with the results. They had finally managed to pull forth the bloodlust side of the girl.

"Perfect, she will soon be ready to be presented to him." He smiled in glee.

The man stared out the car window, an evil smile took over his features as his plan was now finally being set in motion.

SOME TIME HAD PASSED since the experiment, after reverting back to her weak form, Kaji had fallen into a coma. The stress her body and mind had been put through was too much this time.

It forced itself to shut down, telling the girl it needed to rest. Telling it, it needed to heal.

'Kaji'

A voice whispered out, beckoning her to join it.

'Kaji'

What was this voice? Where was it coming from? She didn't know.

Was it a voice from her past? Or was it a voice that was made from within her mind. Like Koroko.

'Kill them all Kaji.'

No.

'Kill them all.'

No, I don't want to.

'Kill them all Kaji.'

Why? Why should I kill them all?

'Because they hurt you Kaji.'

They hurt me?

Who were they?

And why were they hurting me?

'KILL THEM!'

"Ah!" the girl screamed out. Her throat was in agony from the screaming she emanated. Her body began to rattle against the chains, she thrashed trying to break free.

The sudden change in the girl alerted all of those in the facility. Immediately, the lead scientist and the Chairman quickly rushed to the cell she was locked in.

"She's awake sir." The scientist exclaimed, "She has been in a coma for the last three weeks, but she has finally woken."

"Why was she in such a state to begin with?" Asato angrily asked, the girl's sudden change had caused him to push his plans back. He was set to show her to him soon, but her suddenly falling into a coma forced him into a tight spot.

"We believe that due to the increased stress from the experiments that her body forced itself into a coma in order to recover. It was something we couldn't foresee." The scientist explained.

The two approached the door, the guards opening it upon seeing them.

Light flooded into the dark room, placing a spotlight on the girl who was chained to the wall. Her screams were now silent as her blank expression was cast onto the floor. At the sound of the door opening, she lifted her head slightly.

"W-who's there?" She stuttered out. Her voice was that of a scared girl, a girl who was frightened of being in a place she did not recognise. "W-where am I-I?"

The normal sarcastic and spiteful nature of the girl was gone, she was now a shell of her formal self.

"Shinji, what's happened to her?" Asato asked, confused by the girl's sudden change in nature.

"I am not sure sir." He responded, the scientist approached the girl, only stopping at a safe distance. He knelt down, his eyes examining the girl.

The girl sensed the sudden presence and she quickly moved back and away from the figure.

"Who's there?" Her voice quivered in fear.

"My name is Shinji, I am a scientist." He introduced himself to the girl.

"A s-scientist?" She mumbled out, the word seeming foreign to her.

"Yes, do you remember your name child?" He asked, a prognosis coming to his mind.

"My...name?" She asked in confusion and tilted her head. The girl began to think however, her mind came to a blank, "I...don't remember."

"I see." The scientist muttered, he stood from his position, a wicked smile on his face.

"It is good news, sir." He started, turning to the Chairman, "The girl has lost her memories."

He happily informed, pleased to update his master of the good news.

"That is the most excellent news." Asato stated, "She will be easier to mould into the perfect pawn now."

"Well done, Shinji, your efforts have not gone unnoticed." Asato congratulated the scientist.

"Thank you, sir," Shinji responded, bowing to the man before him.

"Begin preparations for the next stage. He has been waiting long enough."

"Sir."

The girl stared into the darkness, not understanding the words that were being spoken.

Who was waiting for her?