𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖

"You ready, Wens?" Mara asked as the two girls walked towards the lake, earning a nod from the ravenette. Thankfully, Mara had gotten a good amount of sleep last night, Thing had only had to wake her up once.

Although she'd tried to hide it with a deadpan expression and a cold tone, it had been obvious to Mara that Wednesday was relieved she hadn't had any bad nightmares. What Mara would never say, was the fact that Wednesday was the reason she'd slept well. For some reason, being close to the girl made it easier for her to relax.

"We're all set," Enid said proudly as she walked up, joining Mara and Wednesday.

"Good. Thing's in position," Wednesday replied, her gaze still trained on Bianca's team.

"Wanna tell me what you guys were up to?" Enid asked, wiggling her eyebrows at Mara with a wink. Mara reached up, pushing lightly on Enid's forehead and making her stumble back.

"I would, but I fell asleep," Mara said pointedly, she knew exactly what was running through the werewolf's mind. "Can you blame me? I've gotten like 10 hours of sleep this entire week." Mara protested when Enid looked at her as if she was crazy.

"So are you gonna tell me what you were doing?" Enid asked, this time directing her question at Wednesday.

"And spoil the surprise?" Wednesday deadpanned.

"Speaking of surprises, your costumes are in the tent," Enid said enthusiastically.

"Costume?" Wednesday asked incredulously, snapping her head around to look at Enid. Mara started to laugh when she saw Wednesday's eyes widen in horror, but quickly shut up when the ravenette sent her deadly glare.

*•.¸♡ ----------------------------- ♡¸.•*

"I love it!" Enid squealed as Mara walked out of her tent, adjusting her costume with a frown, "You look amazing!". Mara's costume was similar to Enid's, only it had dark red stitching instead of the pink stitching on the werewolf's costume.

"Have you seen yourself? I love yours," Mara smiled, gesturing to Enid's costume. "Are my ears on straight?" Mara reached up to adjust the cat ears Enid had forced her to wear.

"Not at all," Enid said with a laugh after seeing how crooked the ears were. "Still straighter than you though,"

"Well that's not really saying anything," Mara laughed, "Were they really that bad?" Enid didn't say anything as she fixed Mara's ears, which told the witch all she needed to know.

"OMG, you look purr-fect!" Enid squealed when Wednesday left her tent, walking up to stand behind Mara. Mara spun around and stopped in her tracks when she saw Wednesday. Shit, she's hot. Mara opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out, she quite literally couldn't think straight.

"Only thing, where are your whiskers?" Enid asked, noticing Mara's gay panic and drawing Wednesday's attention away from her.

"Ask again, and you'll be down to eight lives," Wednesday threatened, clearly hating everything that was happening.

"Now now Wens, no threatening our friends," Mara playfully scolded the smaller girl, finally snapping back to reality. Wednesday frowned up at Mara before walking past her towards their boat.

*•.¸♡ ----------------------------- ♡¸.•*

"Focus," Wednesday warned Enid when she caught the blonde girl staring at Ajax.

"You can stare at him like a lovesick puppy later, Enid," Mara said, lifting her paddle up and lightly hitting the top of Enid's head with it.