Infernum Creatura

As I regained consciousness I realized that there was no more weight on my body any more. Am I dead. Is this what death feels like? Just pain and loud noises? Loud Noises?

My eyes snapped open and I saw blurs. Two big blurs dancing. The more I came to I realized that those were not blurs dancing. They were the creature and a person fighting.

The man pulled out a knife and stabbed the creature in the heart. The creature gave at a blood churning scream as it fell to the ground in a heap.

'The things I do for you guys. I better be getting paid for this." the man said inaudibly

As he turned towards me, I jumped to my feet in terror at the sight before me.

The animal that attacked me lay on the ground dead with black blood pouring from the knife wound.

My gaze traveled up to the 6' 5" stranger that stands before me. His eyes were bright grey and his brown hair slightly showing underneath his hood. His handsome features highlighted perfectly with the soft glimmer of the moon as well as his muscular build. Even under his hood and jeans you could tell that he was definately fit.

I snapped out of my daze as the guy reached for a clear bottle in the pocket of his hood, opened it and put the blood of the creature in the bottle.

"Are you just gonna stand there or are you going help me get rid of it."

The unknown stranger said to me while he held the creature in his hands and gave me an expectant look.

Too astonished to speak I just nodded and waited for his instructions.

"Go get the rock. Over there." He demanded. Pointing to a rock not to far from here.

I walked over to the heavy rock and carried it back to him with shaky hands.

He took the rock and crushed the creatures wings with it.

He told me to stand back as he took a match and lit a fire on it.

The creature thrashed around and did a blood churning scream. I watched helplessly as the creature tried to fly away but it's wings were crushed.

We stood in silence as the creature slowly burned to ashes.

When I finally recovered from my shock I looked at the stranger.

"W- wh- what was that?" I spoke just above a whisper.

"Infernum Creatura."

"Hell Creature. It was a Creature of hell. " I said in shock.

"Wow she speaks and thinks too." He said sarcastically.

Ignoring his snarky remark I was starting to get lost in my thoughts.

What was going on? These creatures don't exist! How is this possible?

So many thoughts went through my head as I tried to go through everything that happened throughout the past few hours.

"You shouldn't be walking around here at night lady." He said putting back his matches and the blood bottle.

"I- I was walking t-to the store when I- I saw it!" I said shaking.

"Well your lucky I was here. You were going to die. " He said not really paying attention.

"T-Thank y-you." I said truthfully.

"You have to leave right now. Once one dies. They all come." He said in a hurry to leave.

That's when I remembered the bite that was left by the creature. The shock was starting to wear out and the pain was slowly starting to seep back causing a burning sensation to build up.