No Food Until The Work Is Done

I woke up with a push. Next thing I know I am face first in a pile of mud.

I look up to see Ruby glaring at me. "Hey stupid. Mom's calling you, you piece of trash." She spit in my face and went back inside.

I forced myself to get up even when my bones were screaming to lay down.

I limped into the house. Shivering and dirty. I didn't even stop in my room to change, I immediately went to mother's room. "Yes madam you called ?"

"How dare you come into my house looking like a stupid peasant. You ugly fool. To think I was going to give you the scraps of rat food left." She said in the most disgusted voice.

" Go clean the kitchen, Make all the beds, Get the mail , Go to the market and Do the laundry. Including the clean clothes. I need you to be finish in two hours prompt."

"Yes madam. But can I go wash up first. I am quite dirty." I said just above a whisper.

"How selfish. Why must you always think about yourself. Look at us, how needy we are and all you think about is yourself. Must i always make time in my busy life to teach you a lesson! " She yelled angrily, getting up and storming towards me.

"You want to wash up! Huh! You want to wash up? Answer me." She yelled pulling on my hair and dragging me to the table.

I slammed into the table and felt a sharp pain on my side. I am definitely getting a bruise.

"No madam." I said weeping.

"Ungrateful little witch. After all I have done for you this is how you repay me. You want to wash up. Fine ! Then wash up." She dragged me to the bathroom still pulling my hair.

She shoved me into the tub and turned on the shower. She put it on high and held me in place. I struggled to get out as the hot water burned my skin.

Every inch of me felt numb as the water rushed to every part of me.

I was not struggling anymore. What was the use. It was going to get worse. Plus it was my fault for thinking about myself instead of my family.

After what seemed like forever she turned the water off and pulled my hair till I was completely out of the room.

"You have an hour to finish your chores now leave, piece of trash." She slammed the door in my face and left me there laying on the floor.

●●●