Chapter 15 • Stanley💪

Don't question the name⭐️

——

July 13, 1993. Richies POV

After I'd called Stan, I waited patiently, and decided to eat something. I put two pieces of bread into the toaster and buttered them, and I felt a little better, but not quite enough, because, nothing other than Eddie could fix me. I hear a knock on the door, so I go to answer it. Stanley is standing at the door, so I invite him inside.

"Hey Richie! I haven't heard from you, how've you been?" He asked me, coming into the kitchen, sitting down by the island.

"I don't know. I really needed someone to talk to, and I didn't know who else to call, because I can't call Eddie, and Bill is probably with Eddie, so I don't know."

"What happened, why cant you talk to Eddie?" He looked genuinely confused.

"Wait- you haven't heard? Me and him got in a fight and he got really mad at me, and I'm pretty sure he hates me." I told Stan how the whole fight went, and he was shocked because he didn't know Eddie was kicked out either, but he had to find out eventually, right?

"I'm so sorry, Richie." He told me.

"It's fine, I just think I should give him a little space, y'know?"

"Yeah.." Stan paused, and he looked like he was contemplating something. "You know what? Let's go down to the beach, I wanna teach you something."

"What do you mean?" I looked at him, confused, because I had no idea how the rest of the day was going to work out.

"Change into swimming clothes, or something that you don't mind getting wet, we're going into the water."

"What- Okay." I  got changed and grabbed other things I might need. I wrote a note and left it on the counter for Emma, who was currently hanging out with our neighbor, Oakley, at a park.

Me and Stan headed out the door, and onto the path leading down onto the beach, we had been talking, and he told me one of his secrets, which apparently only Bill knew about.

"Can I tell you something?" Stan asked me.

"Yeah, go ahead." I responded.

"So what we're doing this afternoon is going surfing. I've never told anyone this, except Bill, but I go surfing whenever I'm anxious and need to take my mind off things. One time, Bill and I were walking on the beach and I'd let it slip that I surfed and we spent the whole day in the water, playing around, all that." As he told me the story, I could see him blushing, but why?

Wait a minute. Stan likes Bill. I just know it, the way he looks at Bill when he's joking, the way he has way more patients with Bill and his stutter than any of us do, and he has literal heart eyes whenever he talks about Bill and times when they hung out.

"Oh my God." I paused and Stanley stopped and looked at me. "You like Bill!"

"No I don't! What makes you say that!" He was obviously smiling but trying to hold it back, and everyone knows that Stan, is a terrible liar.

"Oh my God, it's so obvious."

"We'll, I- You like Eddie!"