It's Not The End But A New Beginning

Start from the beginning

Check. One master bolt was delivered. One helm of darkness back on Hades's head courtesy of me fighting Ares.

She shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend.

This line still bothered me. Ares had pretended to be Percy's friend, then betrayed him by hurting me. That must be what the Oracle meant. . . .

And you shall fail to save what matters most, in the end.

We had failed to save his mom, but only because we let her save herself, and I knew that was the right thing. So why was I still uneasy?

The last night of the summer session came all too quickly. The campers had one last meal together. We burned part of our dinner for the gods. At the bonfire, the senior counselors awarded the end-of-summer beads. I got my own leather necklace, and when I saw the bead for my first summer I swear percy who blushing, covered his blushing. The design was pitch black, with a sea-green trident shimmering in the center.

"The choice was unanimous," Luke announced. "This bead commemorates the first Son of the Sea God at this camp, and the quest he undertook into the darkest part of the Underworld to stop a war!"

The entire camp got to their feet and cheered. Even Ares's cabin felt obliged to stand. Hermes's cabin steered Luke and Me to the front so we could share in the applause.

Grandpa was right..... I'd finally found a new family, people who cared about me and thought I'd done something right. And in the morning, most of them would be leaving for the year. As for me, I will leave in 3 weeks so I can live at my new house.

* * *

The next morning, I found a form letter on my bedside table. 

Dear Amara Tennyson ,

If you intend to stay at Camp Half-Blood year-round, you must inform the Big House by noon today. If you do not announce your intentions, we will assume you have vacated your cabin or died a horrible death. Cleaning harpies will begin work at sundown. They will be authorized to eat any unregistered campers. All personal articles left behind will be incinerated in the lava pit.

Have a nice day!

Mr. D (Dionysus)

Camp Director, Olympian Council #12

I went and informed him I will stay for 3 weeks before leaving, and when i step out of his office I saw Luke looking sad.

"What is wrong Luke?" I asked him

"Not much...just getting kicked out soon," He said

"Kicked out? why?" He sighed and told me he was going to be 20 soon and legally he is an adult and have to be in the mortal world, getting a job or something. He can still come to camp as a sword trainer for the summer but he is grown up.

" so you just forced to leave 'cause you are an adult but you lived here since you were a kid?" 

" Yeah it will be hard....and my mom is still not the best at the moment. She is better off living alone and me visiting her at times but I have to live on my own sometimes" He said 

"Well, legally your name is going to cause problems cause you have been living at camp most of your childhood which makes you a missing child. it will cause you to have problems...Why not live with me as my older brother?" I said 

"What?"

" well I can ask uncle end and pop chaos to create an identity that you have been adopted INTO and your name legally changed before moving overseas to where I was born and we returned here after Mom and dad died,  got into that trouble and you are my guardian finding a job as we live in a family home as I attend my new high school," I said. Luke was shocked and tried to say no but I kept insisting and broke our puppy eyes to which he reluctantly said yes.