Pinochle with A horse and A God

Amara's pov

I had weird dreams full of barnyard animals and aliens. Some I am this girl in Greek clothing kissing a tall, handsome boy

I must've woken up several times, but what I heard and saw made no sense, so I just passed out again. I remember lying in a soft bed, being spoon-fed pudding.

The boy with super blond hair hovered over me, smiling as he scraped drips off my chin with the spoon.

When the older boy saw my eyes open, he asked, "What will happen at the summer solstice?"

I managed to croak, "What?"

he looked around as if afraid someone would overhear. "What's going on? What was stolen? We've only got a few weeks!"

"The bolt..," I mumbled, "helmet . . .who are..."

Somebody knocked on the door, and the boy quickly filled my mouth with pudding.
The next time I woke up, the boy was gone.

A husky blond dude, like a surfer, stood in the corner of the bedroom keeping watch over me. He had blue eyes - at least a dozen of them - on his cheeks, his forehead, and the backs of his hands. He was argus. Before I fell back asleep, I spot Percy next to me on his bed.

My hands reached out, and I held his finger before I fell asleep again.

The next thing I woke up, Percy was sitting next to my bed, looking at Grover, who looked relieved seeing me.

"Perseus...." I said with my throat hurting, letting him know I am fine. The only time I say his full name is to let him know I am fine after danger or scared or if he is in deep trouble. He knows by my tone which calls it is.

Percy pov

I immediately turned to the voice and saw Amara wake. "Andromeda," I said, seeing her smile. The only time I say her second name is when I am scared of losing her or her in general...yet this tone I never used before...

"Water..." She croaked, and Grover gave her water, which she drank and looked a lot better. she smiled at me but then her face fell."Percy....your mom I...."

I stopped her as I hugged her thigh and close. I have so many things I want to ask her about. What secrets she has. But her eyes always give me that look that she will tell me...she never truly lied to me, she just mix up the truth or say something like a white lie.

"Ship!ship!" The weird toy or dog caught our attention and Amara hugs him laughing. "Hi, ship hey boy.....were you good?"

"So not a toy?" I asked "Nope a childhood pet.....his name is ship," She said as ship let me pet him. I didn't know how long I was staring at her eyes till Grover coughed and made me remember he was here too.
"Come on. Chiron and Mr D are waiting."

The porch wrapped around the farmhouse. My legs felt wobbly, trying to walk that far. Grover offered to carry the Minotaur horn, but I held on to it. I'd paid for that souvenir the hard way. I wasn't going to let it go. Amara grabbed my free hand and looked at me with a soft smile. I returned that smile as we walked together.

As we came around the opposite end of the house, I caught my breath. We must've been on the north shore of Long Island because, on this side of the house, the valley marched up to the water, which glittered about a mile in the distance. Between here and there, I simply couldn't process everything I was seeing. The landscape was dotted with buildings that looked like ancient Greek architecture - an open-air pavilion, an amphitheater, a circular arena - except that they all looked brand new, their white marble columns sparkling in the sun. In a nearby sandpit, a dozen high school-age kids and satyrs played volleyball. Canoes glided across a small lake. Kids in bright orange T-shirts like Grover's were chasing each other around a cluster of cabins in the woods. Some shot targets at an archery range. Others rode horses down a wooded trail, and, unless I was hallucinating, some of their horses had wings. Down at the end of the porch, two men sat across from each other at a card table.