Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Celia rolled over and stretched as she blinked sleep out of her eyes. As she moved, Selig's arm tightened about her and she smiled. The candles died out, now shapeless stumps of wax, looking sad and lost as they melted into their dishes.

What an amazing night. She shivered as she replayed Selig's murmured, "And I do love you, Celia. You've always had my heart. Always. Since we were three years old."

She'd waited so long to hear those words, and now that she had, she was sure she couldn't possibly feel any happier. He was hers once more, only this time, he wouldn't disappear.

The sheets rustled as she rolled onto her side to face him. Even asleep, he was beautiful, his thick lashes laying against his cheeks in black crescent. He needed to shave, the dark shadow of what would be a beard covered the lower half of his face.

Last night had been, without a doubt, the most amazing night of her life. Although she couldn't help but wonder what sex with him would be like once he had his magic returned to him (the very thought made her smile, though,) she had no complaints about him not having it. And as he sighed softly in his sleep, she wished she had some way to thank the women who came before her. Selig's experiences had taught him well and he was probably the most generous lover she'd ever known, which was funny really. He was a prince-an absolutely gorgeous prince-and probably had no shortage of women willing to do whatever he wanted, so by all rights, she should expect him to be selfish in that respect. Yet he wasn't. Not by a long shot.

Without opening his eyes, Selig murmured, "What time is it?"

"I have no idea. No clock in here and mine is still under my bed." She smiled as his eyelids rose and he gave her a sleepy smile in return.

"No matter." He tightened his arm about her to pull her closer. "I don't give a damn what time it is."

As his lips came down upon hers, she sighed and melted into him. But at the same time, she had the niggling feeling there was something she forgot to do. But she shoved it to the back of her mind as Selig shifted to cover her.

Half an hour later, he sank into her, kissing the side of her neck as he whispered, "My Midgardian..."

"I like how that sounds," she whispered back, threading her fingers through his hair to stroke it back over his left ear and smiling as he shivered against her. "Oh, did I find a ticklish spot?"

She did it again and he shivered even harder, exhaling heavily against her skin to make her shiver. "Stop it," he whispered as she repeated the motion a third time. "Ce... I mean it..."

"Lia and what're you gonna to do to me, big guy? You don't have your magic, remember?"

He growled low in his throat and bit her teasingly where her neck and shoulder met. "Just wait, wiseass," he warned, "because when I get it back, you're in trouble."

Winding her arms about his neck, she smiled up into his beautiful blue eyes. "I'll take my chances with you."

He returned her smile, dipping to brush her lips with a quick kiss. "Let's go shower and find something to do today."

She sighed as he eased off her and as she sat up, she said, "How will you know when you've got it back? Your magic, I mean."

His brow furrowed. "I don't know. I guess I'll do this-" he swished his hand-"and if something happens, I'll know it's back."

She slid from the bed and into his shirt, smiling as he whistled. "Really, Sel?"

"Sorry, sweetheart. There's just something really sexy about you in my clothes."