Chapter 17

~

So sorry it took so long for me to write this

Enjoy

~

'So, the human woman cursed one of the original dragons.' Ares nodded to himself as if saying it out loud confirmed something for him. Then he started chopping the carrots again.

About an hour ago we had grown hungry and decided to cook something together. Well, Ares cooked and I told him what to do. In a sense we were a perfect team. My claws were to big to hold the kitchen utensils and he had never cooked before.

'But it was his fault, right? I mean you can only rape someone so often. And even taking the children from her? That's cruel.' I cringed. I had been that cruel to Ares. I had raped him. Well, I would never take his kids from him. I mean, I couldn't even if I wanted to. He could only get pregnant if he's with me and that won't happen again. But maybe he already...? No. That's not possible. It's more likely that Ares isn't even gay than him being pregnant already. Oh, shit. What if he wasn't even gay?

Well, I'm pretty sure he was a virgin when I...here goes the cringing.

'You should put the carrots into the soup now.'

Ares nodded and put them in.

'Now we have to let it simmer for a while. Let's go to the living-room.'

Ares sat down on the couch and I lay down on the plush carpet.

'But what does that have to do with me being your mate?'

'I just wanted you to know everything. The ancient ones got to choose their bondmates and if the mood strikes they can break that bond. But a shifter and those associated with one, we only get one mate. You are the other half of my soul. Once we mate we will have that bond forever. Your lifespan would be the same as mine. You are my one true happiness. You are my forever.' It was hard saying all this when I knew I would have to leave in order for him to be happy. I couldn't force him to be together with me.

'A-and how...h-how do we mate?'

'We would have to...be intimate.'

'But you, we, you know....already...' His voice was barely above a whisper but I knew what he was about to say.

'No. I mean, yes. However, I would have to bite you during...I have to go get some fresh air. The soup should be ready so you can go and eat. I...' I sighed and walked towards the exit of the cave. I heard his soft footsteps as he walked to the kitchen.

Outside, I thought about all the things I had to do before leaving.

Would I be able to leave when everything was set up? I had to. Afterward, sadness would probably consume me and I would not want to live anymore. However, I had to keep on living, for Ares. Even if we were not together I would always watch over him and make sure he was safe.

~

A week passed and we settled into a somewhat comfortable lifestyle.

Most of the time was spent in the kitchen because I wanted to make sure my mate would be able to fend for himself and Ares loved cooking.

However, I knew I couldn't stay too long before I came too attached and wouldn't be able to leave anymore. Somehow, I had a feeling it was already too late. He was the sweetest, most beautiful person I had ever met in my long life. Every time he laughed my heart warmed. The way he blushed sometimes made my cock swell. And his gentle soul made me fall harder and harder for him each day.

There was only one thing that was driving me crazy. Ares did not possess any clothes except those he left at the castle. And I was pretty sure those were only rags. So, my mate walked around in my clothes the whole time. They were way too big on him and it was way too sexy. With my smell on him I was tempted to throw him down and make love to him all the time.

Another thing was that he constantly snuck into my room at night. Two days ago he even gave up pretending he would sleep in his own room and just went straight into mine with me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed sleeping with him a whole lot but it just made it harder for me to fight marking him forever.

As I lay on the mountain of pillows with Ares tucked under my wing I made a decision. It was time to get him his own clothing. All I had to do then was help him redecorate my cave a little. Why? Well, when I brought up the subject of finding him a place he liked he just answered with 'But I love this cave. I want to stay here.' That meant I had to find a new cave after...I had made Ares happy. Well, I would have done that either way since this cave held too much memories of my mate. I never would've been able to keep on living in here either way. There was, however, one thing that could make it a bit difficult for Ares to live here. And that was food. I taught him how to cook but this far up the mountain my little human couldn't get food. Without food you can't cook, not matter how good he had become. However, when I told him that he just replied 'You are a dragon. You can fly to the market and get the food.' and he even got excited 'You can even take me with you. Oh, and with how fast you can fly we could even get all kinds of foreign food.' And how could I tell him 'no'? He seemed so happy about being able to travel the world. Also, it provided me with an opportunity to keep seeing him.

My life gets more and more difficult each day.

Still, the clothes came first. After that, I could worry about all the other things in length.

With that thought I got up, careful not to wake my little one, and walked out of the cave. So, up in the sky I went in order to look for somewhere to get Ares the clothes he deserved.