Chapter 13

~

The continuation of the exploration

~

Right beside my bedroom was my bathroom. It held nothing interesting. A bathtub, a toilet, a sink and a shelf to hold towels and all the necessities. Ares seemed fascinated.

'I have never seen anything quite like this. What is all this?'

Riiight. Ares kingdom was a little on the undeveloped side. They used wooden tubs and filled them with water manually. A sink is something they have never seen as it requires flowing water, which they did not have. I used my magic to integrate a water system into this cave.

'I have brought all my things from journeys across this planet. These are the cleaning facilities. They are from a far away land.'

'Th-these are used to clean oneself?'

'Yes.'

'Show me. I mean, I recognize the toilet although it looks a little bit different I don't know where the...the remains would go.'

So I stepped into the bathroom. Even though I couldn't use it in dragon form I still made it big enough. Thank the gods for that or I would've had to change to show him. No, sir. I would not risk him hate me again.

I showed him how to use everything. The flush of the toilet, the knobs on the sink and how to fill the bathtub. The last one amazed him. He said it was because he never saw a bathtub fill up so quickly and no work had to be done except turn the knob. He told me that it would have made his life back in the castle a lot easier. Because he was always forced to fill the prince's tub but was himself never allowed the luxury of hot water. He had to bath in the river, which was frigid. All of that made me growl again. What surprised me was that he immediately came over to me hugged me and told me that I should calm down because even if it was like that back in his old kingdom he would now not have to worry about those things. The thought of him bathing in that tub naked calmed my anger but made my desire rise.

'Come, let's explore some more.' He repeated my words from earlier and let me go.

In my office he looked at all of my books in awe and asked me if he could read some of them later. I told him he could do everything he wanted with them. He rewarded me with a smile.

Across from my office was my kitchen. Again, some of the equipment was new to him but he got the hang of it pretty quickly. Then, he marveled at all the food that was in my pantry.

For a while, we had to walk down the corridor and deeper into the cave as I wanted enough space to protect my most prized possessions. Maybe I should build another bedroom deep inside of the cave where Ares could sleep. If he slept in the bedroom right behind the living room he would be too vulnerable. Even if I slept in the living room to protect him.

We had reached my dragon bedroom which was on the left of the corridor. Ares walked inside and saw the massive space with the cushions spilled inside.

'Is this were you keep your spare pillows?'

I had to chuckle a little. He was so cute.

'No. It is where I sleep when I am in this form. I would barely fit inside the bed in the other bedroom.'

'Oh.' Was all he said.

Further down we reached my favourite place in the whole cave. I enjoyed it as a dragon and human.

It was a huge lake which I also had created. Everywhere in my cave there were lights on the walls but in here they were also on the bottom of the lake. There was not a single living thing inside of the water as it was artificial. Also, the animals were not needed to keep up the eco-system which a lake normally had to keep the water from going stale. I had infused it with my magic. It was an eternal lake and nothing could ruin it's purity. Ares could bathe in it and even safely drink from it without getting sick. I think that my water was even healthier than what he normally drank. That kingdom didn't even have flowing water.

The water glowed because of the lights inside of it and I even could change the colour if I wished. Right then, I changed the colour into the blue of my mate's eyes although it couldn't match the beauty of Ares' orbs.

To my surprise he jumped and started to cling onto me.

'Wh-why did it change c-colour?'
'The lake didn't do it. I did.'

'You can do stuff like that?'

'Yes.'

'Can I touch it?'

'Yes.'

'Is it warm?'

'No.'

'Can you heat it up?'

'Yes.'

Together with him I went to the edge of my lake and stuck my claw into it. I let my magic flow and after I deemed it warm enough for my mate I took my claw out.

'You can go in now.'

He shot me a doubtful look but he seemed to find something in my eyes that gave him trust. He walked into the water knee-deep.

'It really is warm. Since when does this lake exist?'

'Since I came here.'

'You mean it wasn't here before?'

'No. Nothing was. I created this cave and every room inside of it. Then I went out and collected every rug, every pillow, every lamp that you see. I was the architect as well as the interior designer of this place.' I told him with a chuckle.

'How? How is it possible that you created a cave where there was only solid stone before?'

'Magic, my little explorer. Magic.'

Suddenly he blushed and looked at his feet under the water.

After a while he started talking again. 'C-can we go expl-....see more?' Hopeful eyes looked up to me.

'Yes. Ares.' His face grew completely red. As good as his name felt on my tongue maybe I made a mistake calling him by that.

He got out of the water and with my heated breath I dried him. He thanked me while blushing profusely.

We reached the last room of my cave. The treasury.

The moment he saw it he stopped dead in his tracks. His face void of any emotion. Did he not like it?

It was an accumulation of all kinds of things. Gems and jewelry, coins made out of gold, goblets made out of gold, even chests made out of gold, basically everything you can imagine made out of gold, a few things made out of silver and rare things from all over the world. Even if it filled a huge cavity inside of my cave it was small compared to other dragons treasures. Maybe Ares did not want to be with me because my treasure was too small. Maybe he had hoped for something more. If he told me what was missing I would gladly go out and collect an even bigger treasure. He could come with me on my journeys.

'Is it not enough?' I asked tentatively.

'Not enough? Not enough?! This is more than everything that is found inside of my whole kingdom. This-' He stopped. His eyes widening as if he just realized something important. 'This would certainly make the prince very happy if he saw it. You would just have to show you and he would marry you this instant like you....like you always wanted him to.'

What?!

~

dundundun

oh and there are no doors inside of the cave just so you know

~