Chapter 28

My eyes fluttered open, again in the same room as I had woken in and passed out. This time, the room was empty of people. I sat up in the bed I was in and looked around. The room was huge as my mouth dropped. Beautiful waxed wood flooring, with a plush comfortable rug to step on while getting in and out of the the bed. I looked at the bed and realized it was a california king bed with memory foam pillows along with silky sheets and a silk blanket.

I got out of my bed and decided to explore my room more. I noticed a pair of slippers on the rug and slid them on. They were comfortable. The first thing I checked out was the huge vanity. It had just about every hair styling tool there was along with make up. I moved along to a door that that led into a deep walk in closet with several dresses and gowns. There were no casual clothes to be found as I frowned. Suddenly I heard a knock at the door.

"Princess Edith, are you awake? My name is Mecca, I am your newly assigned maid, May I come in?" "Sure?" I said not sounded so sure. The door opened and there stood a small petite girl with curly pink hair and green eyes in a casual maid outfit. She was sort of cute. "Well I see you e taken a liking to your room. Shall we get you dressed and ready for a formal meeting with your parents?" She asked and I shook my head. Hopefully I don't pass out like last time. I had so many questions and I was ready for them.

I chose a gray A frame dress with decorative beads on the top part

I chose a gray A frame dress with decorative beads on the top part. Mecca undressed me which made me feel slightly vulnerable. I have always changed myself, so this was new to me. But she did amazing with helping me out. After that, she sat me in front of my vanity mirror and started doing my hair. She started out with curling it, and then she put half of it up and had of it down. Then she started doing my make up giving me a hint of purple in a Smokey eye look.

After she was done, I could hardly recognize my old self. Going from a human, to a rare breed, to a rare breed that is now in a royal family. "I just have to add some finishing touches and then I will take you to your parents. They've been anxiously waiting to see you awake and we'll, and hope you don't pass out again" she says laughing. She added some hair glitter to my hair and sprayed a few pumps of perfume that a light scent of peach to it.

"Well the final touches are added. If you'll follow me, I'll take you to your parents now." She said with a smile as I followed her. As we got out into the hallway, I noticed numerous pictures hanging up of my mom and dad, but one picture in particular caught my eye. It was the both of them holding a baby girl. I could've sworn I seen that exact same picture hanging up in the pack I use to be a part of, but it had my parents in that pack in that picture.

"We're here your Grace and Milady. I did my best to fix her up." She says smiling at them. They were sitting at a table as Mecca pulled out a chair for me to sit in. I gazed at my parents. They seemed happy to see me. I sat down in the chair. "Oh Edith, you look beautiful darling" My new found mother says. I tell her thank you.

"So my dear Edith, I would assume you have several questions?" My newly found dad asked. I shook my head. "It's okay to talk to us child, we are after all your parents. Don't be afraid to talk. I know you're still in shock so it will take you time, but before you ask, please let me tell you what happened. You must want to know as well?" Again I shook my head.

" I would say about 20 years ago, you were taken from us. You were only 3 days old. Not many knew you were truly a special child. You see I'm part Lycan and vampire as your mother, she's part demon and part vampire. We were told that the possibility of us having a child born with all 3 would be impossible. But it happened, and it happened to be you. Someone who wasn't apart of the royal establishment heard of you and word got out about you."

A tear slipped from his eyes as he began to talk again. "We had your room heavily guarded, but it wasn't enough to keep you safe. We were dealing with a small manor at the time. A father and his boys wanted more land and as soon as your mother and I agreed to help them, you were stolen from us. We know it wasn't them who took you, we later found out it was an old guard of ours. It's mainly vampires here, very few vampire hybrids like your mother and I, and the rarity of you, but he was a wolf and we took him in. We trained him like we did all guards. He was one of the best until he met his mate."

"From then on, he started ignoring his duties and decided to make his own family and pack. But it only went downhill from there. Him and his mate tried numerous times to conceive a child, but they failed each time. His mate went to a hospital for beings like us and she was told that she didn't have any eggs on one side of her ovary and she only had 3 eggs left on the other. So they tried their hardest on her last 3 cycles and failed."

"When word got out that your mother was pregnant with you, it peeked his interest and he wanted to be apart of the royal guards again. We denied him that right and he left angry. We had no choice. He chose his own path when he decided to abandon his station for his mate. We would've gladly given him his own headquarters and sanction so that him and his mate could live within the palace, but it seemed like he had other plans. He never really intended to stay with us and it was strange he wanted to suddenly join back. But I had a suspicion he was after you Edith."

"Why would he be after me?" "Well after I mentioned that they were having a hard time conceiving, I had a suspicion that he was going to try and take you from us. So I had our room and your room heavily guarded until your mother gave birth to you. It was love at first sight with you. You were just absolutely perfect." A tear slid down his face again. "As a precaution, I continued to have our room and your room heavily guarded after you were born. The day you were taken from us, I was in a meeting with a father and his two young's lads. They needed more land and in exchange I told the father that one of the boys was to marry you. But the boys were in a separate room when I spoke to their father. He decided his boy named Klaus would be suitable for you and then we granted his wish for more land."

"The idea for more land was to actually strengthen our kingdom in general. Shorty after everything was said and done, your mom and I came to your room and noticed a few of the guards were knocked down to the ground in front of your bedroom door and that's when panic and fear sank into our hearts. We opened up the door and you weren't in your bassinet. We had the entire kingdom search for you witching a 600 mile radius. The search went on for months before we finally called it and end. It hurt the both of us to do that, but we had a suspicion it was him."