Chapter 4: Your New Home

Ryder was signing the papers for Marshall's treatment while the pups helped the Dalmatian to his car. Snowball was limping right behind them with Chase and Skye on his side. Ella jumped in his teammate's ambulance in the driver seat so Marshall can rest. Ryder exited the building and lifted him inside the vehicle. "I'll drive slowly for you. Okay?" Ella said. "I would like that. Thank you." Marshall replied. Close to them Skye jumped in her helicopter and Chase walked next to her and asked if she is okay with him driving Snowball back home. She smiled and put her forehead on his and said that it's okay. "Marshall can you help us a little?" Chase asked his best friend who turned around. "With what? Ah with Snowball. Okay." He then started talking with the little wolf and asked him to go with Chase. Snowball nodded but he was not trusting Chase that much so he was extra careful. "I'm not going to hurt you little guy don't worry." Chase said as they entered the car. Trying to get his trust he hugged him a little and smiled at him. Snowball smiled back yet still keeping a bit of distance between them. "Okay then." He said disappointed. The pups drove off heading home. "Marshall are you okay?" Ryder asked through his phone. "I'm gonna be okay. Ella is making sure to drive extra careful so my back doesn't hurt from bumping." Marshall answered. "Good to hear. You are dismissed from missions 'till you get better." Ryder told him. "Thank you Ryder." Marshall said. "Just be more careful next time okay?" Ryder asked giggling. Marshall and Ella also giggled then Marshall assured him that this will never happen again. "Chase? How is Snowball?" The boy asked the Shepherd. "He really doesn't want to interact with me Ryder." Chase complained. "You need to get him to trust you. Trying to intimidate him was not the best move. Give him some time and try to make him trust you." Ryder explained. "Yeah." Chase replied turning to Snowball who let out a little growl. "I'll start as soon as Marshall gets him to speak English." He continued. "Or call Tracker and ask him to teach him Spanish." Rubble said giggling. This comment made everyone laugh.

As they crossed the bridge all of them slowed down and parked their vehicles, in case of Skye she landed her helicopter, and most of them got out of them. Snowball had no idea what was going on while Marshall couldn't get out alone. Ryder walked up to the Dalmatian and lifted him out. When he put him on the ground Marshall told Snowball that he can get out the police pup's car and he did. Chase walked next to the little wolf who took five steps further from him and as soon as Skye made her way to the group he limped towards her. "He likes you a lot." Chase said. "Don't get sad Chase. He will like you too. Just don't be you." Skye replied. This comment made Chase tilt his head slightly. "I mean so stoic and serious. He is a child. He needs to know that he is loved and surrounded by friends." Skye specified nuzzling Snowball. Then walked up to Chase and did the same to him. "I didn't meant to hurt you with that comment. Sorry." She apologized. Chase grinned and pushed her to the ground. This staggered her and triggered Snowball who made steps towards Chase trying to fight him but Zuma stepped in front of him. "It's okay little dude! Look." Zuma said. In that moment Chase started tickling Skye who started laughing. Marshall, with the help of Rocky and Ella walked up to the wolf and whispered in his ear which made him calm a bit. The Dalmatian also suggested that he join them. Snowball looked up to him then turned towards Skye and Chase and back to Marshall who gave him an assuring nod. With that he started limping towards them. The pups and Ryder just watched him go towards his adoptive parents. They had no idea what to expect so they were ready to jump in and break a fight if it happens. Snowball stopped next to the two and looked confused. Chase stopped and looked at the wolf pup. Skye calmed down a bit and also looked at Snowball. Chase and Skye turned their gaze towards each other then they nodded. With that Chase jumped on the little wolf gently so he doesn't hurt the wolf's paw, then started tickling him too. First Snowball was ready to bite him but he started laughing when the tickling started. Also Skye jumped in on the fun. The others relaxed a little and laughed along with the wolf. A few moments later the two stopped and got off Snowball who calmed down a bit and rested for a second he got up and licked Skye's face and hugged her. After that he turned to Chase and after a bit of staring he hugged him too and Chase returned it. "Welcome Snowball! This is your new home." Skye said. "Ryder where will he sleep?" Rubble asked. "Good question Rubble." He replied. "He can sleep with me." Skye offered. "I don't know Skye. Maybe Chase is a better roommate for him. He still has to be tamed. I don't wanna risk your life. Chase is always on guard." Ryder replied. "Come on Ryder! He is even smaller than me." She complained. "I can see that Skye but are you sure he can't overpower you?" He asked. "No. I don't think I'm strong enough." She let out a sigh. "But I bet he would not attack me." She tried to convince her owner. At this point Chase and Snowball stopped hugging and joined the conversation. "How about she and Snowball sleep with me in my house Ryder?" Chase proposed. The boy thought for a moment then turned to Marshall. "Marshall. Can you find out if we have to worry about him?" Ryder asked. "Sure thing." The Dalmatian replied. He addressed the little wolf who responded to Marshall's question with growls and howls. "So I asked him if he would attack Skye or any of us if he were to sleep with one of us. He said he would not attack her since she was the nicest towards him and also wouldn't harm Chase but he can not say the same about the rest of us. We are strangers to him. He doesn't know our intentions yet." Marshall explained then continued his conversation with Snowball. After a minute or back and forth conversation Marshall got to translating the entire thing. "So I explained him who we are and what we want. He is very grateful for adopting him and he is willing to learn how to talk. He would also like to play with all of us." Marshall said. "Well in that case I would say I'll go with Chase's offer. Now we have four more hours before dinner. Ella? Would you like to join us?" Ryder asked. Ella smiled but had to decline the invitation. "Sorry Ryder but Tuck is supposed to come back in a next few hours and I promised him and Liberty we go visit her." She said. "Isn't Adventure City a bit far?" Rocky asked. "Al is supposed to pick us up. He has cargo to deliver there. In exchange we drive in shifts." She explained. "Okay then. Tell her we said hi." Ryder said. "We will. See you next time." She said. Leaving them. "Wait!" Zuma shouted after her. Ella turned around and looked at him. "Let me drive you home." Zuma offered. "Oh that would be nice." She said. "Let's go then." Zuma said smiling. They entered Zuma's vehicle and he started the engine. "Okay then. See you guys soon. Get well soon Marshall!" She said. "I will. See you later." Marshall replied and the other pups also said goodbye to their friend. With that Zuma drove off.

"Okay pups see you at dinner. I'm gonna go buy food for Snowball here." Ryder said. The pups said nodded and they also left to do whatever they wanted. Snowball sat down with Marshall to start learning how to speak. "You two can go do whatever." Marshall addressed Chase and Skye. "And do what?" Skye asked. Marshall turned to Chase and winked at him. This was a sign for him to make his move. "Wanna go play in the park?" Chase asked. "Ohh! I would like to. But what about Snowball?" She asked. "Don't worry Skye. I have him covered. Go have fun." Marshall said. "Okay then." She smiled then hugged her son then left with Chase. "Well let's hope Chase will confess to her. They would be a cute couple." Marshall said. "Yeah." Snowball said in a higher pitched voice. "Oh look at you! We are up to a good start. Let's teach you something to say to them when they come back." Marshall said to Snowball.