Chapter Four

...

Chapter IV: The Long Awaited Spring

"After every winter comes spring, after every storm there is a blue sky, after every struggle you gain strength, after every disappointment comes opportunity."

...

Jin... Jin...! Jin...! Jin wake up!

"Huh?" Jin rubs his eyes as he wakes up. She sees a girl with short pink hair and light blue eyes. "Mori?" He asked the girl.

"Yes Jin, wake up honey. How long are you planning to sleep?" Mori asks Jin with a joyful tone. "It's spring you know? Your favorite season. Now wake up sleepyhead." Mori gently taps Jin's head.

"Alright, alright." Jin sits up on the bed and yawns. "W- What time is it?"

Mori looks at the clock. "Hmm? It's 9 in the morning, we are still visiting the cherry blossom tree park right?

"Oh yeah of course, you always wanted to see it." Jin gets up from the bed.

"Come on now, are you going to keep hugging that rabbit plushie? I know it's really cute but it's mine you know?" Mori giggles.

"H- Hey i gave it to you!" Jin said.

"I know~ I was just messing with you hahahah." Mori spoke with a smug face. "Breakfast is served, come now." Mori reaches out her hand to Jin.

"Ooh? What are we eating this morning?" Jin spoke as he took Mori's hand.

"Scrambled eggs with bacon and sausage. And for yours... I made it spicy!" Mori laughs.

"Really?" Jin's face brightens up. "You always know what I want huh?" Jin giggles.

"Well of course, I'm your prettiest wife and you are my lovely husband!" Mori chuckles.

"Thank you, miss prettiest wife!" Jin takes his hand together, making a prayer sign.

Mori laughs. "You silly, now eat up!" She told Jin.

"You don't have any patients this weekend?" Jin asked her as he ate.

"Huh? Fortunately, there are no patients, so we can spend the weekend all by ourselves!" Mori spoke with a joyful tone.

In the middle of their comfy morning breakfast, Jin asks Mori a question.

"Mori, how about I get you a blueberry cake? And maybe we can go to the beach next summer, and make sandcastles, and play in the water!"

"That would be wonderful. Just like my dream huh?" Mori asked Jin.

"Well i was also in it so..." Jin chuckles. "And I know you want to experience it for real this time."

"Why do you always know what I'm thinking... Do you have super powers?" Mori asked joyfully.

Jin laughs. "We are connected, Mori. Remember that." He said.

"Right... We are connected. Ah Anyways, you're still researching it right? The dream?" Mori asked Jin.

"Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how I did it in the first place... And the string and threads thing. It's so confusing and mysterious." Jin spoke as he scratched his head.

Mori giggles. "Don't be too hard on yourself okay? Take some time off, ask me anything that you need, It's our journey after all." Mori reassured Jin. "How is dad?" She asked him.

"Oh, he's okay. Busy as ever, mom is trying to get him to stop overworking. I think you should talk to him, he has that soft spot for you anyways right?" Jin spoke.

"Hahahah, yeah. I'll talk to him sometime." Mori said.

Jin chuckles. "He will be really happy to see you after a while." He said.

The time passes by quickly as they talk. It has been a long time since Mori's incident. But the mystery of her dream's connection with Jin is still unsolved. The white thread, the pink room and everything inside it remains something to be figured out sometimes in the future. But nonetheless, their lives are happier than ever. They both relived the dreamy three seasons in real life together.

They stand before the door leading outside as they wear their coats. Right before they leave for the cherry blossom sight-seeing, Mori grabs Jin's hand.

Jin looks over to Mori. "Hmm? What is it, Mori?" Jin asked her.

Mori chuckles. She smiles and stares at Jin. She leans forward and gives him a kiss.

"I love you."

Fin.