Chapter ... ?

Beep... Beep... Beep... Beep

...

Chapter ... ? - Between

"All of us suffer from the pain of broken dreams."

Before spring.

The sound of sirens from the ambulance, the busy footsteps of nurses and doctors here and there, the sound of sadness, the sound of reliefs, the cries, the laughs, the smell of antiseptic fill the air. Sounds of doors opening and closing. The sound of lifts. And there is a sound of footsteps from a worried aunt. She opens a door to be greeted by a doctor. "Miss Shoji, I apologize for calling you so urgently." The doctor said with a worried look on his face.

"How is she doc? What happened?" Aunt Shoji said as she sat down. She can feel her heart sink as she is anxious for her poor beloved niece. Aunt Shoji can sense tears gathering in her eyes. "She's my niece and I cannot lose her, Doc, please tell me."

The doctor sighs. "I'm really sorry to say this, Mori is diagnosed with an acute liver failure. She had been suffering for a while, she might be close to a chronic liver failure... Which is a big problem, a part of her liver can stop functioning totally and she will need an implant. We are currently trying to find a donor that matches her needs. We tried contacting her parents and families but only you answered the call."

Aunt Shoji's legs weaken, her eyes widen and her face goes pale. "W- What does this mean for my niece? Is she going to make it?" Aunt Shoji starts to tear up.

"N- No... This can't be happening, I can't accept this! There must be something you can do doc... Please... I'm begging you... Maybe something I can do? I'll do anything for my little niece..." She said to the doctor.

"We are still trying to find a donor that matches all her needs. You need to know the story behind this, do you wish to know?"

"I won't rest until I know doc, tell me! She's still a highschool girl... Why is she suffering like this?" Aunt Shoji speaks, her voice is shaking.

The doctor looks at the clock as he speaks. "Earlier at 2 pm, we got a call from Mori's principal. She fell down and passed out in the girl's bathroom. A group of girls found her and rushed her to the school pharmacy. We sent an ambulance to pick her up. After that, a blood test was done and it revealed her issue."

Aunt Shoji freezes in place for a few seconds. "O- Oh my goodness, I- I had no idea. I have been so busy at work that I have less time to talk to her. I feel so bad for not talking to her much..." Aunt Shoji's heart feels heavy as tears stream down her cheeks. "If only my niece could call me if something is wrong... Oh Mori..."

The doctor asks with a worried voice. "If I may ask, where are her parents?"

"Her parents? They've been divorced since she was 12 years old. Her father is long gone. I don't really know the guy but her mother never even talked about him after they divorced. She raised Mori all by herself but I guess it was just too hard and she could not take care of her anymore. I'm so sorry for my niece. She deserves better than this. Is there a way she can stay in the hospital for me to take care of her?"

"I see, and yes we already prepared a room for her. You can visit her any time and stay as long as you want." The doctor reassured Aunt Shoji.

"Thank you doc. It means a lot to me. My niece is a sweet and lovely girl and I will do my best to give her all the care and attention she deserves."