Chapter Three

...

Chapter III - Winter

"The snow did not even whisper its way to earth. But it seemed to salt the night with silence."

Mori opens her eyes to find herself back in the middle of the light pink room. It's silent. She looks at the window, the sky... it's grey. The room is cold and the atmosphere feels dry. She wraps her body with her own hands, to warm herself up in this cold room. She looks around to see Jin is nowhere to be found. "J- Jin... Where are you...?" Mori hears a slight breeze coming from the short hallway in the room, and she approaches the hallway. She sees a white elegant holly door that is slightly open. She feels the breeze coming from behind the door, it feels warm and a beam of white light is leaking through the crack. She walks towards it slowly, she reaches out her hands to hold the door knob. She pulls the door to see a room... A room with an open window. She walks in slowly, she sees a hospital room, an IV bag hanging from its pole, a rack of hospital dresses... And herself, laying down on the bed. The door behind her opens, and she sees a lady walk through her. "Whh- What the-" Mori is shocked as she stares at the lady that just walked right in. Mori recognizes the lady. "Aunt Shoji...?" The lady ignores her call. "W- What is this?" Mori backs away a little. "Is this a dream?" Mori rubs her eyes. "Am I dreaming?" Mori closes her eyes and opens it again. She shakes her head as she tries to get a clear look at the room and see if she was dreaming or not.

"A- Aunt Shoji? Aunt Shoji? What's going on? Am- Am I- dreaming?" Mori is worried about what she is seeing. She looks at her own hands and stares at her own body. Mori is wearing a hospital gown as she looks down and realizes that she is in a hospital.

The lady ignores her call once again. "Wha- What's happening to me? Am I d- dead?" The scene in front of her eyes starts to speed up. She is reliving her memories before spring. Before her dreams. Before she fell into a coma.

"A- oh no. I- I'm in a c- coma? Oh no oh god no." Mori starts to tear up and her mind is filled with so much emotions and worries. "I- I'm in a c- coma?" Mori starts to cry as she tears up more. "No no n- not a coma!" Mori's tears are starting to drop down from her eyes. "I can't be in a coma. H- How come?"

Mori is devastated as she realizes that she's in a coma. "W-who- what? Where's Jin? What about him? Was everything I d-did a lie? Mori trembles and cries as she realizes everything she did was not real. She was in a coma and everything she did with Jin was all just an illusion. Everything she cherishes was just... A lie. Mori breaks down even more. Mori hugs her legs in a fetal position.

"N- n- no. N-no. N- N- NO..."

Mori is panicking now. "Everything was just a dream? Everything that I did with Jin and even Jin himself was all just a dream?! How could this be?!" She cries even more, realizing everything that she had is fake, a dream and everything she did was all an act of her imagination. She is devastated by the fact that she can't do anything to fix her situation.

"What can I do to wake up?" Mori cries even more.

While Mori cries even harder, the floor below her feet starts to shatter like glass.

"OH GOD! N- N- No. No. n- No... WAIT!" Mori is starting to freak out as the floor shatters. Mori falls down into an endless bright white abyss. Mori looks down and sees nothing but the abyss. Mori started to panic with fear. Mori couldn't move and she could barely see. Everything went blurry.