01 | a strange autumn day

Mulai dari awal

"Where were you earlier?" I asked, knowing that her answer was obvious from the start.

"Y'know, the usual skipping." She was skipping the first class, and I know very well that she was not a fan of being an early bird. Isis yawned and popped in a piece of tangerine she took from her bag and smirked sheepishly. We had been best friends since junior high school and I was glad that I had been so lucky to have her as my best friend, companion, partner in crime, yep.

"Figures," I nodded.

The class ended like a blur, again. I tried my best to pay attention to what the teacher explained, but seriously, exhausted was the best word to describe me right now. Isis looked relaxed, she had the confidence to ace the class and I had none. But, really, I was just an average student. We walked side by side together into the cafeteria and a whiff of scent captured my nostrils.

It smelled like earth and nature, like someone poured a bucket of Mother's Nature perfume. I tried to focus and my face contorted in confusion when two unfamiliar guys walked past us. The sunlight shone on the other's honey blonde hair and amber eyes, making him look so godly and maybe a golden retriever? He oozed confidence, a boyish grin appeared on his face (I assumed he had joked with his friend) and he draped his arm around his friend's shoulder. He's wearing our school's uniform, but it seemed like it was a bit tight on his body.

His friend's face contorted into something, likely from being annoyed when he did that.

I gasped lightly when his soft brown hair and forest green eyes ignited something tingly in my heart. Like someone put some serotonin boost inside me. He looked like a college student, tall and mature with his black backpack strapped over his back with clothes that were definitely not suitable for high school's attire. A gray hoodie, black jeans, and Doc Martens black boots, definitely a college student.

His messy hair swept over his forehead, but not too much for it to cover his eyes. He didn't look over 20 and he was the one who gave off a lot of nature's scent. Like he really belonged on Earth than any other humans. Some might say that he was the Greek God Adonis or something.

I broke my gaze off of him as soon as his eyes marched forward, passing us with a faint smell of his scent.

I turned my gaze to Isis and poked her shoulder, "Hey, who are they?"

We sat around a table and pulled out our lunch from our bag.

"Who?" She tilted her head, eyebrows furrowed.

"The two guys who walked past us earlier," I stated.

Isis groaned, "Zen? I don't know who's beside him, but I know Zen." She continued, "I don't like him, we fought over something yesterday. He gives off this cocky vibe that I really hate from a guy, y'know."

Prying information from Isis didn't help my curiosity fall down, it surely meant that I must pry more from Zen. Even if it meant that I had to suffer the embarrassment of rejection. But not today, sleep was calling me to come home early.

I stabbed my veggies and gulped it down hurriedly, trying to pick up Isis' pace. That girl really ate very fast like she hadn't eaten for a week. It was a gift that I hadn't choked after all.

Fast forward to the school bell ringing, pointing out that it was time for us students to leave, I approached the school's gate and looked up as I walked.

The sky was having a tantrum. It was gloomy when I had to take a walk from school to my house. I hoped the rain would refrain from starting because I didn't want to walk into the house like a drenched cat, and it was tiresome to clean the droplets. I clenched my fists around my backpack, inspecting the sky like I had a grudge on it.