Neteyam stood slightly dizzy but regained his focus enough to see a hand over her mouth, trying to hide a smirk.

" Real funny right?" he said jokingly while rolling his eyes, but it seemed his comment reminded Vareya just exactly she was doing.

Her expression immediately changed back into a scowl, the slight crack of a smile completely dispersing. Neteyam almost believed he had imagined it.

" You need to stay concentrated, I don't have time for games."

" Perhaps you should pay more attention to your surroundings instead of keeping that fake scowl on your face." he argued against her accusation.

She hissed, " Fake? If you for one second think my hatred for you and your entire species is fake then I'd be happy to show just how real it is."

Neteyam couldn't help but bare his teeth at her, " Our species? We're all Na'vi like you."

" No, mark my words your family of demon blood will destroy this entire planet. It's because of you that your precious forest was destroyed, and it's because of you that we will see the downfall of this island and clan."

Neteyam didn't often get upset, it was mostly towards Lo'ak when he'd go off to do reckless things and he had to take the blame for it- but other than that he kept it inside him. Controlled.

Yet the way Vareya was blatantly talking about his family snapped a cord inside him.

" The fact the RDA is after my father has nothing to do with us. It's some sick revenge plan led by one of their leaders. The reason why we voluntarily left was due to the fact we care and love our home so much we needed to steer them clear from there."

Vareya growled at his answer, " So bring your cursed family to this island so we can take the brunt of your problems!?"

Neteyam didn't back down, "We aren't bringing our problems here! There is a balance that needs to be thought out between your ego and the people you care about. My father surrendered his title as Toruk Makto just so he could protect us."

" Oh save me the sob story." she said turning away annoyed, but still yelled loudly, " you keep praising your father as if he's your savior but deep down you know he's a coward for ripping your entire family from the forest instead of fighting!"

" My father is no coward! He defeated the sky people-"

Vareya marched forward, right up to his face as the both of them were seething, " He did nothing. That demon won one battle against his own kind and is praised by everyone, but the war is yet to begin. The war is supposed to stay in the forest, you brought it here. Your father is no hero, he's a coward who cares for nothing but himself."

Her words were laced with such venom, Neteyam couldn't take it anymore.

" My Father is no coward, he cares. He loves and cares for his family and his home which is why we went into temporary hidi- left. Which is why we left." he corrected himself. " but I suppose you can't understand that with you being heartless and not caring for anyone. Leaving your family heartbroken, not even your own uncle who took you in-"

Neteyam couldn't finish as Vareya screeched loudly and sent another blow his way. It struck the side of his face this time, sending him once again falling to the ground. It immediately began thumping, and when he he reached up to touch it, it was already extremely sensitive.

Wiya, it's definitely going to bruise.

" You know nothing about me." was all she said, deathly quiet. Her face showed no emotion, completely stoic.