*Outcasts*

Luminara sat staring in contemplation at the child in front of her.

Four days ago, he'd run into master Pong Krell, according to Mace.

She already had a feeling how that went, Krell wasn't someone she ever spoke to. She'd acknowledge him with a slight bow in the temple halls sometimes, but that was it.

Bottom line is no one here, minus master Hawthorne, liked Krell, not even Kulan liked the Besalisk master and that was saying something.

But this was off topic.

Also master Koth apparently returned with two zabraks from Dathomir, Savage and Feral Opress.

She had met Feral a couple days ago, he seemed like such a shy boy, though he did seem to get along with Anakin and Barriss according to Kelleran.

She knew master Koth planned on taking him on as his Padawan.

As for Savage, she hadn't met him, though she knew Shaak had.

He apparently didn't really trust any of them, understandable.

Rough around the edges, but that could be worked on.

The council immediately agreed when master Yaddle volunteered to take him on as her new student. As she had been the one to train master Rancisis, who was recently elected to the council.

...

Again, her thoughts were off topic.

After a while she blinked, noticing Anakin was growing a bit uncomfortable.

"Forgive me, I sometimes lose myself in my thoughts."

"Oh, that's fine master Luminara, I do that too." He answered.

"Do you doubt yourself?" She questioned.

Anakin shook his head.

"Well, not now. I did when I first came here."

She nodded in understanding.

"You will find the council has many flaws and will make its fair share of mistakes. However they do care, and will try to rectify them."

"I know now, I mean they've been nice to me since. In a way I could understand why they looked at me how they did, but it still hurt." Anakin said.

So the boy still felt hurt at the moment? Of course he would be, rightfully so, it would take time, possibly years, for him to actually forgive the council for that.

"Like they looked at you as if you didn't belong? As if you were some type of monster? Like an outcast?" She questioned.

Anakin nodded a bit.

"The first and last one, not the one in the middle."

She chuckled slightly, shaking her head.

"Believe me Anakin Skywalker, I know exactly how you feel."

"You do?" His voice rang with curiosity as he looked at the Mirialan jedi master.

"Indeed. You see I have been viewed in a similar light that you were viewed in initially."

She rose and walked to a window in her quarters, looking out of a window.

"Some have referred to me as uncaring, others have called me cold, heartless. I've even been called a monster once."

"But, why would they say that? You seem really nice." He said.

Luminara smiled sadly, still looking out of the window.