1. Moving

"I said, come on! We can't be late!" My oldest sister, Willow, exclaims.

I'm a middle child, third oldest. It goes Willow, 22, Smoke, 20, Me, 16, Ash, 15, Fang, 13, and Aria, who's 7.

We're moving. Far, far away from this wretched house. I'm sad, but relieved at the same time. I don't have to think about what happened every time I see the walls in this place. Just talking about it makes me remember it.

Regardless, since we're moving far away, I have no friends, no people I know. That's hard. Really hard. I don't expect to make any friends, either. I haven't even tried since I got Luke, Shawn, Joey, and August. We said we'll keep in contact, but... but I don't know.

Anyway, we're all taking our own cars there, except for those who don't have cars. Ash is going with Smoke in his black Jeep, and Fang and Aria are going with Willow in her red Minivan that we've named, "The Bus". I'm going on my red motorcycle. Willow doesn't approve, but it's legal in this state, so. It's going to be a long road trip. I put on my motorcycle helmet and gloves and we start driving, all following Willow in her Minivan.

The cold wind of winter ripples across my clothes and my skin at my open sleeves and neck. It's calming, nice. Despite that, about thirty minutes in, I realize that I have no idea where the hell Willow is taking us. I don't know what the house looks like or anything, I just know where it is.

"That's so weird..." I think to myself.

I pull out my phone with my gloved hands at a red light and start texting the family group chat.

Cpt.Foxy: Where in the world are you taking us?
SmokinHot: idk either
WillowTree: It's a surprise!
AshWood: i like surprises :)

I barely notice the light change until someone starts honking. I immediately put my phone away and continue to follow Willow.

"That's weird. I don't like that much." I mutter to myself. It was really weird for Willow to keep stuff from us. I shrug it off.

Time Skip, 3 hours later.

I didn't know how long we'd been driving for. It was dark. We decided to stop at a gas station for a little bit. We all parked and got out of our vehicles. I sit down on the seat of my bike.

"So, how long have we been driving?" Smoke asks. He always mimics what I'm thinking. I don't know how.

"We've been on the road for about..." Willow checks her watch. "Three hours!"

"And how long, exactly, do we have left?" I ask.

"Three hours!"

We all groan. Aria starts looking really sad.

"Hey, Aria. I have to go get gas. Do you want to ride over to the pumps with me?" I say.

Aria's head shoots up. She starts jumping out of joy and screaming, "Yes! Yay!"

I look up at Willow and she's slightly smirking, shaking her head. I smile back. "Be careful," She says.

I chuckle and pick Aria up, putting her in front of me on my lap. I take a quick ride over to the pumps and start filling my bike up.

----------------------

I slip the Caramello wrapper in the trash and get on my bike, putting my helmet on. I take one last look at my hands: right one metal, the other flesh. I touch the metal's cold surface, then quickly put my gloves back on, making sure no one sees. I look up to find Willow and Smoke already at the driveway of the gas station. I ride off behind them.