"Your mother yes?" Demon boy asked from beside me.

We were sitting on my bed with a large album spread open on my lap. We'd gone through another album first, one that contained baby pictures of me. My parents didn't feature in that album and so I'd opened this second album so I could look at my mother again.

"Yeah," I nodded, my finger on a picture that had my mother turned around, a look of surprise on her face. We looked similar and different at the same time but even sharing the most minimal of traits with her made me feel intensely connected to her. I smiled at the picture as demon boy leaned forward, arm brushing mine as he looked at the picture closely. I tried to focus on my mother and not on demon boy pressing up against me but I was failing. The slightest bit of contact with him was a distraction.

I shifted the book closer to him so he didn't have to lean.

"Matilda and Fredrick Martin..." I whispered as I practically glared at a picture of my parents together when they were younger.

One part of me wanted to throw that picture in my father's face, another part wanted to just not care and the last part wanted to make Cherry go away though she wasn't to blame in this situation. Demon boy kept quiet, his previous excitement from looking and making fun of my baby pictures, now gone. I flipped the page and came across a picture of another picture of my parents together but this time, my mom held a little, swaddled me in her arms. I smiled a little more at the excitement on my parents' faces.

"Cute," Demon boy comments.

As demon boy goes through more pictures, I shift my attention to him. I'm both happy that he's here and annoyed that he'd left. A week ago, he'd held me as I'd cried and been affectionate with me and right after, he'd dropped off the face of the earth. Literally. He'd disappeared to his demon realm and I hadn't heard from him until today morning when I'd caught him eating cherries on my balcony.

I didn't like his whole pattern of leaving for a while and then reappearing and pretending as no time had passed. But even though I had a problem with this, I wasn't going to voice my opinion because, at the end of the day, demon boy was someone I didn't know. I had no idea about why he came into my life, why he granted my wish, why he stuck to me like glue most of the time and I didn't even know he looked.

He could pass me on the street with his mask off and I wouldn't be able to recognize him. But what I did recognize was this weird connection between us. It was like this feeling that pulled me towards him and it grew by the second. I didn't know how to handle it because right now, I had no idea if I wanted to stop it or let it grow.

"Why are you here?" I ask demon boy.

"Because I'm bored." Demon boy leans back. His response irritates me.

"You're always bored," I say, trying not to let my irritation show. "I think you should find a hobby." I pause. "And by hobby, I don't mean me. I'm not an entertainment center." I tell him, shutting the album and leaning back toward the headboard, chin lowered.

Demon boy pokes my double chin.

"You seem annoyed. Did you miss me?" He asks. I scoff.

"Why would I miss you?" I ask back with a brow raised, scared he was catching on and appalled at his cockiness.

"Maybe cause I'm the only friend you have." He answers in an amused tone.

I purse my lips, "Friend is not a word I would use to describe you." I tell. "And FYI, your absence is actually convenient for me. I mean, I get a good night's help without any annoyance. I can go to school and attend all my classes without being disturbed or kicked out. I can also take a selfie without you photobombing in the back." I cross my arms against my chest.