0.

pls stop sleeping on my [cosmic] girls 

i'm low-key mad at starship for not making them debut with this song 

also i'm starting uni in october and i'm going to lancaster university! i'm kinda excited lol

FAYE [ AFTER THE WISH ] TO THE TOP. 

PROLOGUE 

I think I was three when I watched that damn chick flick, Wish Upon A Star.

I didn't think about that movie again until I was in high-school. Walking down the halls, being the center of jokes and mockery, I wished I could get away from it all. I thought it was unfair that some people were just naturally skinny. I also thought it was unfair how skinny was the norm in this society.

If there were three words I hated in the English language, it was fat, ugly and stout. Not because of the words themselves obviously, but because of malice behind them. No one ever told a person they were thin or beautiful in disgust from my experience.

I was around sixteen when I actually learned the meaning of stout - fat and short. Apparently, that's what I was or that's what people think I am based on what was written across my locker in a sharpie one winter morning.

Despite all this, I had no problem with myself and was content with my appearance and body until it got too much. Until everything closed in and I couldn't handle the hate and ridicule anymore.

So, the summer of 2015, I decided to work out. But that plan went down the drain when I realized I was eating more calories than I was burning. I was a foodie and I had a miniature chocolate addiction. Giving them up would be like secluding myself from all the good things in the world.

So one summer night, the night before school began, I ate my last piece of chocolate and I walked out to my balcony. The stars twinkled in the beautiful night sky of BrookCastle and I took a breath. Clasping my hands in front of my chest in a praying gesture, I thought of that movie I'd watched when I was younger, wrapped in the warm embrace of my mother.

Then, I felt stupid for doing this because this was real life and I was no Danielle Harris.

Yet, I decided to give this a shot because why not. It was then that I saw the particular bright twinkle. A shooting star. What were the chances? Feeling like this was meant to be, I steadied my pudgy little body and closed my eyes real hard.

"I wish to become beautiful, inside and outside."

I regretted it the instant I said it. Beautiful was a subjective term. Why did I feel the need to say that when I already liked myself? I should've just asked the star to maybe remove a bit of fat from my body enough to classify me as curvy. God, I am so stupid. I slapped myself in my forehead.

I heard a chuckle. I looked around because I was almost certain it came from behind me. But it could also be someone from outside, I was on my balcony after all. Shaking my head, I wondered why I was desperate to fit in. I didn't need friends, they were cumbersome and I was sort of loner anyway. Neither did I want to fit into the conventional beauty category. That would just bring me attention and I'd never wanted or liked any sort of attention.

As I flopped onto the bed on my back, I felt something unusual. That weird feeling in your belly you get when something's about to happen. Rolling my eyes and reminding myself that this is real life and not a movie, I switched off the light and went to bed. But somehow that feeling in my belly didn't fade. It stuck through all night, making me anxious and sleepless until midnight when my eyelids closed shut due to exhaustion.

My last thought before I went into a deep sleep was about the wish.

Because who knows, maybe this time, my wish might even come true.