Chapter 4.- Saudade

Several days after their Duel Sebastian still hadn't been able to get close to Camille, every time he would see her around the castle she was always with either of her friends, that wanker Duval and the bubbly girl. Though Sebastian observed them closely, Duval seemed to follow Camille like a puppy, he wondered if there was something else happening? Were they courting? They seemed pretty close but not too obvious displays of affection were shown, there were friendly hugs, sometimes she would tuck a strand of his hair away, or if they were eating she would wipe food out of his face. Sure Sebastian wouldn't do those things with just any friend but her actions seemed to lack a certain something for him to consider them romantic, still Sebastian wanted to be sure.

The foreign students had been distributed to stay on the 4 different common rooms, He knew Camille and her friends were staying in Hufflepuff. Sebastian had met some of the Beauxbatons at Slytherin common room, most wandered by the windows amazed at the architecture and spell work it must have taken, the majority of them were cordial.

Sebastian entered the common room, planning to find someone who would answer his questions, he spotted a girl sitting in the couches, she was nursing a pot, the plant seemed half dead but at least she was trying.

"Hi there!" Sebastian took a seat on the couch across from her, the girl raised her gaze and gave him a shy smile

"Hello"

"What ya got there?" He asked as he stared at the pot

"Dittany, but it's probably beyond saving" she laughed awkwardly

"I can see that" he chuckled "how's Hogwarts treating you?"

"Oh everyone is so kind, thank you" she beamed

"You are welcome!, did you know they will be displaying the goblet of fire tomorrow? Will you be placing your name?"

"Eugh... I don't think so no, you?"

"I will actually" he smirked "who do you think will be your champion?"

"Oh Definitely Camille, she's so talented"

"Yeah she completely obliterated me in a duel, you probably heard that already"

"I did" she giggled "but that is no surprise, her dueling is acclaimed by all the school, students and teachers equally"

"I see, is everyone expecting her to be the champion?"

"Well the Goblet does chooses the strongest right? That's her" she nodded enthusiastically

"Yes...About her, she's always with that guy, Duvet? And also the other girl right?" He asked trying to play it cool

"Yes, his name is Louis Duval and the other one is Jean Dupont, they are all inseparable, have been since 1st grade, well, except in fifth year of course"