Chapter 31: PSB vs Kaito Kid Part II

Start from the beginning

"But we don't have a deck of cards..." Amuro replied.

"I have a deck of cards!" Sonoko pulled it out from her purse. "When it comes to Kaito Kid... I always have cards with me to get his autograph hehe..."

"Sugoi Sonoko!" I exclaimed

"Sugoi Sonoko!" I exclaimed. "I should do that too!"

"I want his autograph!" we both gushed.

"Seriously, autographs?" Saguru sweatdropped.

"Ahem..." Amuro cleared this throat and began to perform his magic trick. "I'll flip over the topmost card from the deck!" Amuro stated.

"It's the Ace of Hearts!" we noted.

"I'll then put it on the top of the deck, flip it, and the topmost card is buried among the others." Amuro demonstrated. "Where do you think the Ace of Hearts is now?" Amuro asked.

"It is...in the deck?" Ran and Sonoko guessed. No... it's probably on top...

"Well then please pick up the topmost card and take a look!" Amuro replied.

"No way!" We exclaimed. The Ace of Hearts was on top!

*******

"Excuse me, may I borrow your cards for a while?" A man with a hat approached us.

Amuro handed the cards to him with a confused expression.

"First, from the deck, you take the topmost card and show everyone, but in reality you take two cards. Then slide the two cards slightly, hold the topmost card, and let the second card fall back into the deck and pull half the deck out and place it on top. The topmost card is now back on top!" the man finished with a grin. That expression... of course it's Kaito.

"Of course it would be easy for someone like you..." I deadpanned. "Showoff..."

The man grinned and disappeared in a whirl of doves.

"He disappeared!" Ran exclaimed.

"Along with the cards!" Sonoko added.

"Sonoko... look!" I gasped I felt something in my pocket and pulled the deck of cards. Kaito never ceases to amaze me...

"That man... was Kaito Kid just now wasn't it?" Amuro asked.

Conan nodded, "Probably."

Conan and I looked at each other in confusion as Amuro excused himself and called Kazami.

*********

"My esteemed guests, thank you for gathering at the musuem to see the Robanov Dynasty's Treasure Exhibition!" Jirokichi announced.

Everyone gasped as at the sparkling crown when the curtain was drawn back. It was studded with diamonds and other jewels, with a big diamond in the center.

 It was studded with diamonds and other jewels, with a big diamond in the center