"Rory. My name is Rory Piper."

"Well, Rory, it's nice to meet you. May I ask what you're doing out on Wickery Bridge this hour of the night?"

"I don't know ... I don't know how I got here or where I am."

"You're in Mystic Falls."

"Mystic Falls?"

"Yes, Mystic Falls, Virginia, to be exact."

"Virginia?" Rory repeated, the word sounding foreign on her tongue. No, that couldn't be right. Wasn't she in France last?

"Yes, that's where we are. What about any friends or family? Do they know where you are?"

"I-I don't know." Rory shook her head frantically, unable to come up with a response. "I don't ... I can't -"

Sheriff Forbes nodded understandingly, placing a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder. "It's alright, Rory. Why don't I give you a ride back to the station and we can talk more about this there?"

Rory nodded and took a step forward, only to stop with an ear-piercing scream. The pain spread like wildfire, her back arching up violently as her eyes widened at the sudden and intense pain. The sheriff rushed over to the younger woman, gently bringing Rory down to the ground.

"Rory, talk to me. What's going on? What's wrong?" The sheriff pressed but Rory shook her head, unable to think of anything else other than the pain she was currently feeling. But truly, she didn't have an answer. She didn't know what was happening.

"It hurts. Please - " Rory began, only to cut herself off with a choked gasp. Her body jolted upward as she felt a sudden, acute pain in her chest that caused tears to escape her eyes.

Rory could feel it, an icy, cold hand had plunged itself into her chest and was holding her beating heart in their hand. The pain of it all was so visceral, so real, that Rory was sure she was going to die.

But as Rory looked down at her chest, her vision began to blur as new scenes flashed before her eyes. She could see a distant fiery background, somewhere outdoors and in an open area. She could see the hand, even feel its grip tighten around her heart as the individual threatened to pull it out.

But the chest the hand was in was not hers. She wasn't wearing a button-down red shirt. The scenes that were flashing around her weren't reflective of her current location atop of Wickery Bridge. The pain she was feeling was not hers, it was his.

Klaus.

His name came to her with an alarming sense of clarity. She wasn't sure of anything right now, such as how she got to Mystic Falls. But she was sure about him. She could feel it, every fiber of her being was telling her it was Klaus. And that his life was in danger.

"Don't worry, Rory. Help is on the way," The sheriff told her reassuringly after calling for a medic on the radio.

"Tell them to stop," Rory begged, her eyes still on her chest as scenes of Klaus' current life-threatening situation continued to flash before her eyes. "Please just tell them to stop."

"I don't understand, Rory."

"They're hurting him ... He's going to die."

"Him? Him who?"

Rory let out a shaky breath as the pain began to subside along with the accompanying visions of Klaus. She let her head lie back against the pavement as she took a moment to catch herself. But still, the odd sensation running down her spine lingered. And if she could focus on that, focus on him, then she could find him. She could be with him once again.