Chapter 1.- See you soon

"I have to do this"

"No Camille, please, there must be another way"

"There is not"

"Please Camille, I don't want to forget I-... I don't want to forget you"

"You have to" she said with a soft reassuring smile but her eyes gave her away, there was sadness in them, sadness with a touch of decisiveness, she was not going to change her mind
"If you want to be safe, if you want to stay by Anne's side we have to do this, I will change your memories, you will forget you ever dabbled in the dark arts, you will forget what happened in the catacomb and you will forget about me"

"No, Camille no!"

"I will leave Scotland, it will be as if I never existed, it's what must be done" she exhaled while cradling the side of his face still looking into his eyes "I have already altered Anne's and Ominis memories, The curse was broken when I killed Rookwood, it will seem as if she just got better overtime by her own, and Solomon's death will appear an accident, he fell asleep and never woke up"
He looked down in regret and something else, shame, he was ashamed of what he had done, about the lengths he had gotten to
"But for this plan to work there can be no doubt of what happened, we must take no chances, if the ministry suspects anything they will search your memories, do you understand?"

"Yes Cami but there's always a way around , I can learn to occlude or I can go with you, I- I would do anything"

"No Sebastian, that's not good enough... You are the only person there is left for Anne, she needs you"

"But I NEED YOU, please don't make me do this" he took her face with both of his and looked straight into her eyes, tears accumulating in his eyes "I love you" he gripped her face slightly tighter like if he let her go for a bit she would disappear "why do I have to forget you? Why?"

"Sebastian almost all of our memories together are engaging in activities we must not have or discussing a cure for Anne, or my magic, No one can know any of those things. it is safer this way, please understand"

"But what about the other people? Would they too forget you?"

"Yes and no, The closest to me have forgotten just the compromising details, I'll still exist in their mind but more like a background character, the new fifth year that left before she could create any meaningful connections"

"That is not true" he rested his forehead with hers

"No... but it's what must be done, I wasn't here for long, wasn't even in the castle for half of the time, People who weren't close to me won't ask any questions"

"What will I remember about you?"

"Our first duel, Cross-wands, and the classes we had together, I'll be more of a passing shadow in your memories"

"What of our trip to Hogsmeade? What of our escapade to the restricted section?"

"No" she pursed her lips "that's when we started to grow close, remember, It must be believable, they are looking for who wiped out the poachers and Ashwinders, I must have no connection with it, just like you"

"What if the Ashwinders say it's you"

"There is nearly anyone left and that's why I'm leaving, If there isn't any proof they can't point at me and I'm not trying to give them one, At least until there's been a few years and all that happened gets forgotten"

"What will happen then?"

"I don't know, I suppose I'll be far away from Here, You'll have a new life, we will all be safe and well"

"You could come back"

"What?"

"Once you are sure what happened has been forgotten come back, come back to me, for me"

"Sebastian I don't know when will this be and some time will pass by, you'll have a new life, There won't be any room in it for me"

"Yes there will, I'll always have room in my heart for you, I don't care how long it's been, I don't want to live forever not remembering you"

"You don't understand Sebastian"

"I do, Thats the only way I'll accept this!, I know how memory spells work, The one who casts it Can reverse it" he took both of her hands in his and squeezed "Promise me Camile, Promise that when it's safe you'll come back"

"I- I don't think-"

"Please, Promise me and I'll promise you this" he held her palm extended with his like if they were comparing each "Even if I forget you for a bit, My heart won't stop loving you for a second, for you are too well tangled in my soul that I believe I will love you in this lifetime and any other to come"
His thumb wiped the tear rolling down her cheek

"I promise, I'll come back and give you back your memories" she nodded closing her hand interlacing their fingers "But what if I don't fit in your life anymore then?"

"You will and I will be waiting for you, time won't mean anything, I'll be here"
She nodded in agreement, Wanting to believe it true, She wanted nothing more than to travel in time for when that day comes

"It's time" she said.

"Just one more minute, I want to look at you one more minute. This is the last moment I want to see when you give me back my memories... your eyes, Your beautiful face" he leaned into her taking a breath while his hand moved through her hair "your soft hair and your scent, Gardenias, zinnias and Lemon" he returned to her face and as soon as he finished speaking he crashed his lips onto hers, they kissed between tears and longing, hoping, praying this won't be the last time, the kiss was tender, a sweet moment, after their mouths separated their foreheads rested on one another
"Do it, I want to stay like this while you do it"

She nodded, her eyes closed, She reached into her inner pocket and grasped her wand, she placed her wand into his temple gently but before she casted

"I'll see you soon" said Sebastian

"Yes, I'll see you soon" she smiled

"Obliviate"