| Year 3 | Chapter 8: Daddy Issues vs. Furry Little Problems

Start from the beginning

Why did he skip me?

Then again, I gotta admit that he was pretty cool. And hey, at least he's not trying to off me in any way, right?

As we're walking back to the Great Hall for lunch, we find my sister, Ginny, Liliana and Vanessa, along with their dorm mate whose name I keep forgetting. Than again, I've never actually even heard her speak, let alone spoken to her.

"We just had Lupin's class!" Ron instantly booms, beaming like an excited toddler. Hermione rolls her eyes and I have to sup- press a laugh. "He's the best! I just got over my fear of spiders!"

"Really? There's a spell for that kind of stuff?" Liliana questions. "Bummer, I could use that!"

"I'm pretty sure that's not how a boggart works Ron," Hermione remarks. Now it's Ron's turn to roll his eyes.

"So you liked his class, then?" Lucy inquires, looking at me, Ron, Hermione, Dean, Seam- us and Neville. "That's great! So did we. He's really good."

"Yeah, he's definitely our best DADA teacher yet!" Hermione agrees as she nods enthus- iatic. "I really think he could prepare us well for our end-of-year exams. I've been really worried about that, since we missed last year's!"

"Not to mention how horrible our teacher was," Ginny adds. I share a look with Ron and he snorts, gives Hermione a triumphant look. Hermione's cheeks turn pink.

"I see you're easily satisfied!" We all turn around. I can barely contain a scoff at the sneering blond coming up to us. "He's not that amazing, you gotta admit."

"Really? Which DADA professor was better then?" Lucy is glaring daggers at Malfoy. Some Slytherins back away slightly and a sense of pride washes over me for it.

"Quirell was alright," Malfoy challanges, causing us Gryffindors to laugh. "What? It's better than this creep."

"What makes you think he's a creep?!"

"Lucy," I hear Liliana whisper to her. "Stop it. You're only making things worse for yourself!"

"Well, it does make me wonder." Malfoy is smirking now, that is never a good sign. "If now not only you, but he too, has those ugly stripes, are they maybe catching? Should I be wearing a mask?"

"SHUT UP MALFOY!" I am about to curse his butt off, but Vanessa beats me to it. "Just shut up already! No one cares about your bloody daddy issues!"

The crowd surrounding whistles and Malfoy goes pink. "You're one to talk, filthy mudblo- od!"

Well, guess he should never have said that. Vanessa Wilson is one of our most liked students and every Gryffindor, helped by some Hufflepufs and Ravenclaws even, shot curses at him.

When he finally gets up, sneering at the girl again, he's about to say another thing. How- ever, he is stopped when Lucy stalks towards him and punches him right in the jaw.

"Never insult my best friend like that again Blonde Junior. I won't be this nice next time."

"Miss Potter!" The crowd quickly dissolves at the sound of an adult nearing us. It's Snape unfortunately and he does not look happy. "What do you think you're doing? Detention and come with me, right. This. Instant!"

Anger boils inside me, but there's really nothing anyone can do about it. "I thought he liked Lucy," Ginny whispers to Vanessa and Liliana. I thought so too.

*

Lucy got detention from Snape, which is rid- iculous, so now we're all sitting around in the Common Room doing our own thing. And it's boring as hell. Hermione seems to be the only one appreciating the quiet, as she's trying to soldier through her giant amount of homework.