He laughs very loudly and maniacally. After a few seconds, his face goes back to normal and he disappears into the ground.

Frisk: "So, do we just continue now?"

Ben: "Yeah. We should get moving."

The three of them move forward to the door and open it. The moment they do, Ben and Frisk are engulfed in a suddenly chill.

Ben: "Geez. It's cold out there." He zips up his jacket. "That's a bit better."

Frisk: "And it's a good thing I have this sweater on."

Chara: "Gee, I wish I could feel cold." She pouts adorably.

Ben: 'Cute.' He shakes his head. "Anyway, let's get moving. We can't waste any time."

They exit the Ruins and enter the snowy forest. The door also closes and locks behind them, keeping them from entering the Ruins again.

As Ben is about to say something, he notices a red light from a bush next to the door. He holds his hand up, effectively silencing the two girls as he investigates. He opens up the bush and it shows a camera.

Frisk: "What is it Ben?"

Ben: "A camera." He inspects the camera. "Must be some kind of security system. But this camera seems to be made by a human brand. How did it get down here?"

Chara: "There's a low point in a certain area of the Underground where trash from down here and the surface accumulates. That's likely where it came from."

Ben: "We'll likely figure it out later." He says, seemingly ignoring Chara. He backs away from the bush. "Come on. Let's get moving."

The three of them start going down the pathway through the forest. Chara slightly grumpy from Ben ignoring her, but understanding why. They continue to go down the path, the only sound being the crunching of snow beneath their feet. However, Ben starts to have an uneasy feeling in his chest.

As they continue to walk down the path, they walk over a very tough branch. As they walk away from it, they hear a loud SNAP fill the air. The three of them turn around and see that the branch was snapped in half. They go over to investigate it, and it's been smashed like it was nothing.

Frisk: "What could've broken it?" She looks around the trees. "Is someone following us?"

Ben: "I don't know, so just stick next to me." He suddenly hears a slight chuckle from somewhere, but can't quite locate the source. "Let's just get going."

Frisk nods and grabs Ben's arm, hugging it firmly. This gets Chara to pour in jealousy.

Chara: 'Lucky!' She begrudgingly follows the two of them, before seeing a figure out the corner of her eye. 'What the?!' However, when she turns to look, the figure's gone. 'Weird.' She returns to Ben and Frisk.

As the three of them keep moving, they eventually reach a bridge with a large gate on it. So large, in fact, that it's to big to actually stop anybody.

Before anyone can say anything, they suddenly hear footsteps behind them. Despite what he's gone through, Ben freezes in place along with Frisk and Chara. They all stand still as the footsteps get closer and closer, until they stop.

???: "Humans." The figure says in a deep voice, dragging out his words. "Don't you know how to greet a new pal? Turn around and shake my hand."

Despite his instincts, Ben turns around with Frisk still latched onto his arm. Chara also turns around, curious and frightened as to what might happened. The figure is about their height, and his entire body is shrouded in shadow. He outstretches his hand, and Ben hesitantly takes it.