"Yeah, and look at all the Pokemon here..." I say.

Just then, we hear a familiar voice, "Well if it isn't Ashy Boy?"

We turn to see Gary and Insey says, "Gary Oak, you're invited as well?"

"So how's your Pokédex coming? I already caught 40 kinds, pal. Different kinds are everywhere. Crawl around in grassy areas, and look hard for them." Gary says.

"So you are a step ahead of us as well. We are going to capture some Water Pokemon during the cruise. Since we got an Old Rod." Serena says.

"I see. Well, if you don't mind, how about we have a battle?" Gary asks.

"You're on." I decide to battle and he sends out Pidgeotto first. I decide to go with Sandshrew since I want to give him a chance to battle. Gary asks, "Using a Ground Type to battle a Flying Type? Are you out of your mind?"

"You'll see. Use Rollout." I smirk and command. Sandshrew rolls and hits Pidgeotto, much to Gary's amusement, "Not bad, Ash. Use Gust." Pidgeotto stops the attack, but Sandshrew uses the Slash to finish Pidgeotto off. Gary sends out Raticate as his second Pokemon, it defeats the Sandshrew with the Hyper Fang.

"Charmeleon! I choose you!" I decide to go with Charmeleon, but much to my surprise, Charmeleon is just lying there.

"Charmeleon! Use Flamethrower!" But much to my surprise, Charmeleon just yawns and we fall to the ground anime-style.

"What's the matter, Ash? Having some trouble with Charmeleon?" Gary taunts. "Use Super Fang!"

When Raticate is approaching, I yell, "Charmeleon! Dodge the attack now!"

But much to my surprise, Charmeleon just notices the attack coming and stands back up, unleashing Dragon Breath and knocking it out.

"Wait, I didn't have you use Dragon breath! What are you doing? Charmeleon!" I yell, but Charmeleon just gives me a Flamethrower. Damn it... I hate myself for not having a Splash Plate with me..."

"Charmeleon is way out of control right now..." Serena says with concern.

"I have to admit your Charmeleon is strong." Gary says as he decides to send out Kadabra. Then he uses Psychic to slam him to the wall, knocking Charmeleon out.

I decide to use Butterfree next, and with the Bug Buzz and the Gust, it defeats the Pokemon. The final one is Wartortle, his starter Pokemon, and it uses the Hydro Pump to defeat the Butterfree. In the end, I choose Pikachu and finish with the Thunderbolt.

"Even though I didn't have more Pokemon than you do, I still win the game." I say.

"Humph! At least you're raising your Pokémon!" Gary mutters as he recalls his Wartortle. "Well, I heard there was a Cut master on board. But he was just a seasick old man! Cut itself is really useful! Yup, it'll be handy. You should go see him, too. Smell ya!"

After he leaves, a gentleman and a woman approach me and says, "That Butterfree of yours is quite extraordinary."

The woman says, "It's incredible."

"Thanks, I put a lot of work into raising it." I say.

"What do you say we have a trade, I have a strong Raticate and I want to trade it for your Butterfree." This causes us to flinch, I mean, we just trade a Spearow for a Farfetch'd, even though that Spearow isn't mine. But I really don't want to trade for Butterfree.

"I'm sorry, I treat my Pokemon as family and I don't plan on trading them." I say. And Serena seems to agree with me. The man respects our idea and he decides to leave us alone, and he also tells us where the Cut master is located.