Chapter Thirteen: Saving Moby

The bright eyes, which turned out to be robots, captured Moby and the PAW Patrol without too much difficulty, taking advantage of the surprise effect.

Some hours later...

Moby woke up in a dimly lit room, his eyes took a while to get used to the faint light that illuminated the room but when it happened Moby realized that he had fallen into a trap. 

Looking around, Moby realizes that he is in a room under his house, perhaps in a structure in Hati. Moby, although he was not able to manage his movements, as he had received a strong blow to the head, tried to get up but heard a noise of chains blocking him to the wall, preventing him from moving freely, and he also noticed that he no longer had his Merpup form, but had turned into a normal pup.

But in that room, there was something strange, in a corner of the room a Merpup was lying on the ground that was sleeping. Tired like him, this dog seemed to be similar to Coral, the colors seemed to be those, and also the size. From his position, Moby couldn't see who she was.

"Psst, hey. Who are you?" Moby asked having realized that the only way to know who that dog was was to hear his voice.

At Moby's first attempt, no answer came back, but he didn't give up and kept calling the dog.

"Please, stop calling me. I'm trying to sleep for forgot this bad place." A female pup said.

"Sorry if I woke you up, I wanted to know who you are and how you ended up in here."

"What does it matter now, the people dear to me are far from me, and the person I love most will not be able to save me. I just wish I had told him earlier."

"Why are you so sad?" Moby said feeling compassion for the pup.

"Why are you asking me all these questions? You don't know me and I don't want to know you. Now leave me alone, I have to think many things."

Moby decided not to disturb the Merpup anymore but before lying down on the wall he made his last statement. "I don't know who you are or what you've been through, but know that every person on this planet has lost someone dear to him, I just want you to know."

No answer came from the dog, which made Moby sad because he wanted to talk to the Merpup and find out who he was and why he was sad. He did not imagine spending the next few hours doing nothing and in total silence.

Meanwhile, the PAW Patrol woke up in another, rectangular room. Their suits were gone. During the first few seconds of consciousness, the PAW Patrol was frightened not to have the suits because they imagined that the rooms were full of water, when they realized that instead of water there was air then they calmed down and focused on understanding where they were and who had brought them there.

"R-Ryder, where we are?" Rubble asked frightened.

"I don't know, someone brought us here for some reason."

"Pups, Ryder, where is Moby?" Skye asked not seeing him in the room.

"I can answer your question." A brown Merpup said through a glass.

"Hati," Chase said growling at him.

"Calm down, after all, you are my guests, and do not growl at the one who hosts you. I also asked my helpers to treat you in the best possible way." Hati said.

"You locked us up here! And you captured your brother Moby!" Zuma said approaching the glass and growling at Hati.

"So my brother told you everything, well then you will be pleased to hear that he will never see the light of day again, and also I will take his girlfriend as compensation for everything he made me go through," Hati said, imagining it all in his head.