Chapter Eight: The Missing Seashell

A few days later Puplantis was returning to its former glory. Every day that passed, more and more buildings were almost completely repaired. 

It was morning and Moby was swimming to the castle where Coral was still in dreamland.
While swimming he passed in front of many Merpups who were working on the repair of a wing of the castle, intrigued to approach and noticed that that part of the castle was the one in which the famous seashell of Puplantis was kept but observing better, it was missing from its pedestal.

Moby, panicking, immediately asked the Merpup who was working where the seashell was. 
"Excuse me, you know where is the seashell?"

"Unfortunately when we cleared this area of debris the seashell was missing, it is a miracle that we were able to get back the electricity with old generators." A worker Merpup said.

"Are you sure you didn't see someone taking it away the days after the attack?"

"No, sorry Moby."

"Don't worry, anyway thanks for your information." He said leaving towards Coral.

On his way to the back entrance of the castle, Moby met the Merpup who was right for him. 

"Hey you," Moby said calling a Merpup in a police uniform.

"Me?" The Merpup said.

"Yes, you are the chief of the police, right?"

"Yes Moby, how can I help you?"

"I wanted to ask you a question. Do you know anything about the disappearance of the seashell?" Moby said going towards the Merpup, making it retreat.

"N-No Moby, now please stop to intimidate me." He said scared of what Moby might do to him.

"If you don't know anything about the disappearance of the seashell, order your agents to start looking for it, now!" Moby ordered.

"Y-Yes Moby." The Merpup said before to run away in search of his agents.

Moby, satisfied with Merpup's reaction, started swimming again. He didn't trust no one about the seashell's disappearance, because he knew it could have been anyone.

Shortly afterward the Merpup entered through the back entrance and as he entered he greeted the guards who controlled the door.

Moby headed directly to Coral's room. Once he arrived he noticed that the door was not completely closed so he decided to open the door just enough to see Coral without being discovered.

When he put his head in the crack of the door he could see Coral sleeping. At first, Moby had no reaction but simply stared at her but then his heart started beating faster and he started to blush because Coral was the most beautiful puppy he had ever seen.

Although he didn't know it yet, he was slowly but surely falling in love with her. 
After Moby's heart reacted, he stood there staring at her, paralyzed by her beauty. What he loved about her was her lively but also understanding character, her laughter, her eyes and her soft ears.

Moby did not know if Coral reciprocated that beautiful feeling, after all, he had been mean to her until the day before the attack on Puplantis. He, however, did not lose heart and promised himself to tell her one of those days.

But then Coral moved. Moby, scared to death by her possible reaction, closed the door and walked away so as not to arouse suspicion.

Soon after, Coral came out of his room yawning and passed Moby, greeting, not fully realizing it was him. Then she turned, and looked at the Merpup with surprised eyes.

Forbidden Love | Moby x Coral StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara