Chapter 5 |Reawakened but dispirited|

In the empire of the heart, where emotions reside,There blooms a delicate flower, love personified

There blooms a delicate flower, love personified.
Like the first rays of dawn, it softly appears,
A tender feeling that conquers all fears.
First love, a magical journey, it is so sweet,
Where hearts collide and souls entreat.
A symphony of laughter, a dance of delight,
Innocence and passion intertwined so tight.
But alas, love's path is not always smooth,
For hidden beneath its veil, lies a truth.
When the heartbreak strikes, like a thunderous blow,
The pain cuts deep, leaving scars that show.

***************

Mahjabeen was perched delicately on the swing, her presence captivating the attention of the young girls and women who encircled her. Amidst this intimate gathering, one of them gently traced intricate patterns on her hand with henna, marking the celebration of her mehendi.

Unadorned by any artificial embellishments, her face radiated a natural beauty that was enhanced by her untamed curls, cascading freely down her shoulders. She was an ethereal vision, emanating a sense of purity and enchantment.

However, beneath this enchanting exterior, there was a subtle transformation in Mahjabeen's demeanour.

For the first time, her usually vivacious spirit seemed to have dissipated, her eyes fixed on a distant horizon. The sparkle that once danced within her gaze was replaced with a solemn stillness as if she were lost in a world far beyond reach. The weight of her thoughts bore heavily upon her, casting a shadow upon her usual persona.

Instead of her infectious laughter and radiant smiles that would brighten any room, her face remained stoic and unmoving. The warmth that radiated from her every interaction was absent today, leaving behind an unsettling void.

It was as if her vibrant spirit had been temporarily silenced, leaving those who knew her wondering what could have caused such a profound change.

The surrounding girls continued to twirl and dance with exuberance, their movements mirroring the vibrant room adorned with marigold blooms. Yet, amidst this lively spectacle, Mahjabeen stood as a solitary figure, her inner world concealed behind her serene facade.

The auntie's voice snapped Mahjabeen out of her trance, her gaze slowly shifting to the older woman's face. Noticing her bewildered expression, the auntie prodded her again, "Mahjabeen beta, why do you look distant? Is everything alright?" As the other aunties exchanged curious glances, Mahjabeen remained silent, her eyes once again shifting to a distant horizon.

"Oh come on now, don't be so shy. Is it because of your mehendi? I'm sure your soon-to-be husband is a wonderful man, and you two will be so happy together," the aunt exclaimed.

The other aunties nodded in agreement, a few of them chirping in with their own two cents. "Tsk, tsk, it's so sad that she's so quiet. We love your liveliness and enthusiasm." one auntie said, her tone dripping with disapproval.