|Prologue|

Unexpected it had been, Saad and Mahjabeen.

"Saad?" She peeked out of the novel she had been reading to look at him.

"Haan Saad ki jaan!" He said keeping aside the documents he had been working on. She rolled her eyes and replied, "Saad!, Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm amazing"

He grinned, bowing to her, "Why? Thank me, my lady, for the kind words of praise."

"Bas stop, come sit with me, Saad..." She said, smiling. Thumping the space beside her.

He grinned wider. "As you wish, my lady!" he said with a twinkle in his eye as he sat down beside her.

"Can we go out to eat ice cream?"She said with a pout. He laughed and shook his head. " So all of a sudden at midnight, you are asking me to take you outside to have some ice cream?" She put her hands on her sides and gave him a stern look. "What's wrong with that?" she said. "I want it and you have to take me now".

He sighed, looking at her with a fond smile. " Well, I will but only if you tell me about what you were reading." 

 She smiled, holding up the book she was reading. "This one? It's a story of a boy and a girl and their ice cream connection".

He gave an amused look and thought that was this the reason she had the urge to eat ice cream and shook his head. "It sounds interesting. What's it about?"

Her expression changed into excitement and she wriggled closer to him. She looked at him and started "You'll have to listen to it carefully then?" She said urging him to nod. He nodded and with the perfect smile of hers she continued

 "Once upon a time, there was a small boy and a girl who were somehow destined to meet in a chance encounter. It all started when they both reached for the same ice cream cone in the shop. Instead of fighting, they decided to share it. They laughed and talked, and soon, they were fast friends. At the same shop and sharing ice cream, they continued to meet every day.

Soon, they began to see each other regularly. As they got to know each other, their bond strengthened. They would walk through the fields, buy ice cream from the other side and then would sit by the nearby lake and enjoy it in the open incarceration of the sky and beautiful essence.

As time passed, they grew older but their love never wilted. Someday, they got married, and had kids and also when they had disagreements, they still had funny banter over ice cream. Each special moment of theirs would be celebrated with ice cream. Even after years of marriage, they still shared a scoop of ice cream whenever they were together. Whenever they had a contention, it was solved over a bowl of ice cream.

You know even on his deathbed, the husband asked his wife to eat ice cream with him one last time. Even in their last moments, they still shared joy and love.