Chapter 4 |Clasping but drizzling|

Clasping my love so tight,

But it's drizzling away like rain in the night.

My feelings I can no longer contain,

As my heart slips through my hands like melted wax in the flame.

⚛⚛⚛⚛

Mahjabeen was an early riser, often sneaking out of her house just as the sky was beginning to turn from pitch black to a deep indigo. She would wander through the frost-covered hills, her small snowy white goat beside her, grazing in the morning light.

She would collect the different flowers that had bloomed overnight, and marvel at the beauty of the small forest behind her house.

Mahjabeen would sneak back home with a basket overflowing with a vibrant array of wildflowers, like a basket of jewels.

She would leave her goat with its mother, and use the wooden ladder that she had carefully propped up to the window of her room, like a secret bridge between the world of the night and day.

By the time she returned, everyone would be awake, but they would be none the wiser to Mahjabeen's adventures.

It was a similar Sunday adventure for Mahjabeen, who had returned after a long journey of discovery, her basket full of wildflowers. Mahjabeen sat on the carpeted floor of her room, with different books scattered around her. She took the wildflowers from her basket and tucked them between the pages of the books, carefully closing them before putting them back on the shelves.

Mahjabeen would put the wildflowers mostly in her math books, which was her least favorite subject.

As she sat in her math classes, she would trace the dry flowers with her fingers on the different pages, seemingly immersing herself in a world of stories and patterns.

Each flower became a doorway to a fantastical realm, full of color and imagination, far away from the tediousness of math equations.

She dusted off her dungaree dress as she stood up, stretching her arms and letting out a long sigh as she relaxed her muscles.

She kept her hand on her tummy as it grumbled, reminding her that she needed to fill it with food. She moved towards the door when her eyes landed on the balcony, and she quickly stepped out.

The view from her balcony was that of Maajid Bhai's house, only a few hands away, with the majestic mountain range behind it.

Her eyes then settled on the balcony on the floor where Saad resided.

The doors were open and Saad lay on the bed, cocooned in a blanket. She couldn't help but giggle as he lay there, with his cheeks puffed up and his hands still clutching the blanket as if he were a small child.