thirteen:﹙to be silent﹚

Começar do início

"Did you go out last night?" Leah asked furrowing her eyebrows squinting the way her best friend saw the bruises that were on her leg and neck thinking that she went out as the Night Angel and winded up getting beaten up. 

A hum came out of her mouth shaking her head instead of letting out an audible answer. "Are you sure?" Leah smirked a bit looking her up and down. Y/n put her phone down on the counter next to her and just looked the way of her best friend trying to hide the smile on her face. 

No matter how much she was trying to hate Matt, he was the first person who she had ever seen a true future with and you can't hate those people who God puts your life to just stay there. 

So there was no hate, the person that was tied to you like an invisible string. Yet trouble always found Matt no matter what was happening, yet she hadn't left him fully yet. 

"I stayed here last night" Y/n honestly said walking over to join Leah on the couch. 

A hum came from her mouth nodding her head ever so slightly. "Is your heart back in the game?" Leah tilted her head a little, "Because the important thing that I have noticed was the vampire marks on your legs and neck." 

Her eyes softened at the thought of Leah thinking that she had moved on from Matthew and it wasn't him that made her feel like this. "I know, the conversation of Matt is...a conversation killer, I met my soulmate- and..." Going silent and just staring off. "And the rest of my life will be nothing like h-how Matt makes me feel." 

Staring over at the couch she was rethinking everything just thinking back on the past of her and Matt. "Yknow...I still miss him, ALOT" She smiled at the end. "But I still think about him almost with everything that I do" 

"What about Frank?" 

Sitting on the couch and crossing her legs to her body; the silence that filled her hair was thick yet could be cut with the right knife. "Frank didn't want...It is what it is, with him" She sighed. "But, with Matt..." 

A sob came from her mouth that he breathlessly let out; with tears foaming out of her eyes. She wanted a family, something that she was able to hold onto; yet she knew Matt...he didn't want his kids to carry on with any risk of being blind. 

Going silent she didn't know if she could say anything else. "So whos the next lucky guy?" Leah nudged her a bit. Y/n stared not knowing if she could tell her the truth. "Y/n?" 

"It was a one-night" Y/n confessed wishing that it wasn't but just going along with it. Leah just looked at Y/n, not knowing what she wanted to say when it was obvious that she had a lot to say yet she was silent. 

Her phone rang breaking them out of the conversation; Y/n cocked her head to the phone that was ringing in the kitchen. Getting up from the couch she made her way over to the phone wiping the tears that were almost falling from her eyes. 

Going into the kitchen it was the same unknown number causing her to finally grab the phone and put it to her ear looking over to Leah and turning the television on. 

"Hello," She simply said waiting for someone to talk on the other end. 

"Y/n" Fisk's voice rang through the phone causing her heart to drop just looking the way of Leah not knowing if she should be saying anything more. Leah was sitting on the couch playing with Red as she wasn't paying attention to the conversation. 

"I can't talk right now." Y/n tried to get herself out of the conversation. 

Fisk didn't say anything for a good minute on the other line of the phone. "I think you can." He hinted at him knowing something, Y/n bit her lip turning towards the sink. "I see you have had a visit from an old friend."