one:﹙a not so fresh start﹚

CHAPTER        ONE !
a not so fresh start.

"contains; none"—no need to proceed with caution

"contains; none"
—no need to proceed with caution

Quiet....Silence....Mute. 

The cacophony of sirens enveloped the air, drowning out any coherent voices that tried to reach him. 

His surroundings blurred into indistinct lines, rendering his vision useless as the images merged into a disorienting haze. Amidst the auditory chaos, fragments of female voices fluttered through his ears, their words melting into the chaotic symphony.

His eyes, once vibrant windows to the soul, now bore the deep hues of darkness and bruising. 

Swollen beyond recognition, his lip became a fleshy barrier, refusing to yield even the slightest opening. A bandage concealed his forehead, concealing the evidence of a harsh encounter that had left its mark, marring the once-smooth expanse.

With a feeble movement of his hand, a strange emptiness coursed through his body. It was as if the very essence of sensation had abandoned him, leaving behind an eerie void. 

The word "nothing" reverberated through his mind, echoing the absence of faith that had eclipsed his thoughts, erasing any semblance of belief or hope at the forefront of his consciousness.

"Get Maggie...Go tell her, he's awake" A male's voice called on the other end. 

"Y/n" Matt's voice flowed through the air. 

His presence in that room was undeniable, a testament to his survival against all odds. 

Yet amidst the chaos swirling in his mind, a single question relentlessly pierced through his thoughts: Where was she? Why was she absent from the confines of that room, at this very moment?