"I'm still scared."

"And it's okay." I gave him a soft smile, not used to him being like this. Charles was always so headstrong when it comes to racing and sometimes, I forget he's just a normal guy too. "I know that there's a lot of pressure for this weekend, but try not to dwell into it. I'm sure Toto told you the same."

"He literally told me to just bring the car home. He doesn't care if I finish in last place." Charles snickered and I could imagine the team principal saying it. If there was one thing he knew how to do, it was take care of the team and he was one of the best people in Formula One who does it. Charles stood up and pulled me with him, his arms wrapping around me to give me a tight hug. "Thank you."

I quickly returned it, letting my fingers play with the ends of his hair. "I'm always here." I said, pulling away and seeing how his eyes moved around my face. "I have something in mind that would cheer you up." Charles' face quickly morphed into one of shock as he raised an eyebrow at me and only then did I realize what my words suggested. "Get your mind out of the gutter." I rolled my eyes, pushing on his chest as he laughed at me.

"I'm sorry. It's just— you could've made a better word choice." He grinned, tying up the sleeves of his race suit that had gone loose. He was due in the garage in half an hour and from what I knew, he just finished his warm up with Andrea.

"You're insufferable." I said before grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the room. Before we went downstairs, I turned around and looked at him seriously. "Are you okay now? I mean, if you need more time, I can request an extra five minutes for you."

Charles smiled and leaned forward to plant a soft kiss on my cheek. "I'm okay, Nadia."

"Alright, then." I smiled back and tugged on his arm. I glanced at my watch as we walked out of the motorhome, hoping that we wouldn't have to go to the Paddock Club.

My hopes were answered when I saw Lorenzo walking, each hand clasped around his son and daughter. Marcus was drinking what looked like a milkshake despite the cool air, eyes wide as he tried to grasp everything that was going on around him. On the other side of Lorenzo, Callie was catching the attention of everyone she passed by. The little girl was wearing a Mercedes t-shirt that was clearly too big for her along with black cowboy boots. When I saw her earlier today and looked at Lorenzo upon noticing her outfit, he shrugged his shoulders and said The boots were her idea. To top it all off, she was also wearing Charles' cap merchandise for the season backwards.

"Nadi!" She screeched as soon as she saw me and she tore her hand away from Lorenzo's hold. I let go of Charles' hand and crouched down to catch the little girl that was barelling through the sea of people.

"Melek." I smiled, giving her kisses on both cheeks before holding her against my hip. I then noticed the smear of chocolate just by her lip and gave her an amused look. "Who gave you chocolate?"

"Shush!" She immediately said, placing her point finger over her lips as she glanced back at her father. "I got it from fundu."

"Do you mean fondue?" Charles asked from behind her and Callie let out another screech upon seeing her uncle.

"Yes! Fundu!" She cheered, wiggling her arms towards Charles who happily carried her. "I want one. Can you buy for me, Chal?" I wanted to commend the little girl for her persuasion skills because Charles was ready to agree any second now. He was completely dumbstruck as Callie looked at him with bright blue eyes that no one could ever resist.

"What are you asking from Chal?" Lorenzo's voice suddenly jolted the two from their moment and Callie avoided her father's eyes by hiding her face in Charles' neck.