Chapter 4: A Hectic Second Day

Start from the beginning

"If you were any braver, Ike, you probably would have found a girlfriend as well." I said. Ike started sweating as I said this.

"W-W-W-What are you talking about, Ayanokouji?"

"I mean, don't you have a crush on S–"

"Okay, okay, stop!" Ike closed my mouth in an attempt to stop me from saying anymore. Everyone was wondering who Ike had a crush on but decided not to ask.

"Anyway, Kiyotaka, remember your promise earlier, you owe me a date!" Kei said before going to her seat. She was then approached by her friends as they all asked about what went on between me and Kei. I also went to where my new seat was, and my new seatmates were Matsushita and Wang Mei-yu, or Mii-chan as the class likes to all her.

"You lied to me earlier." Matsushita said as I sat down.

"I didn't have to tell you the truth. We were not close and me and Kei had wanted to keep it a secret at the time." I explained.

"You're not wrong." Matsushita said, and she didn't say anything more. After Chabashira-sensei had entered the room, we all stopped our chatter as the class started for the day.

*****
"Kiyotaka!" Kei called out to me.

Lunch break had begun, and as I expected, Kei had approached me with the intention of having a date.

"Yeah, I'll come." I said while standing up. I noticed that some of the boys in the class were glaring at me, but I decided not to say anything.

"Good luck with your date, Kiyopon and Keipon!" Haruka waved goodbye to us.

"Sure, I'll hang out with you later." I promised them. After that, me and Kei headed to Pallet.

"I wonder how Yuki-san will expel Kushida-san?" Kei whispered to me so that no one else will hear.

"I already have an idea as to how she would do it."

"So what is she going to do?" Kei wasn't surprised that I knew, so she decided to directly ask me about it.

Since she probably wouldn't be there to witness it, I just decided to tell her what I think Yuki was going to do to Kushida. Once I finished telling her, Kei chuckled.

"Using her own weapon against her, huh?" she commented. "The problem is, will he play along?"

"He probably will. There's no reason for him not to." I said. "You see, there was one thing that I was wondering ever since our 2nd year began, and I never had the opportunity to ask him, even after our meeting last night. Why did he decide to enroll my former classmates in the school? Why did he let Chairman Sakayanagi do what he wanted?"

"Isn't it because he thinks that they're of no threat to him? I mean, they are dropouts from the White Room." Kei was whispering again. "He probably didn't think that they would stand a chance against any of the students from the 5th generation."

"They were still White Room students of the 4th generation, the harshest generation in the White Room so far. The fact that I was the only survivor shows how incredibly difficult the curriculum was." I replied. "I think it's possible that he wanted to see what these White Room students from the 4th generation are capable of, even if they were dropouts."

"Maybe you should just ask him once you see him again."

"I definitely will."

Before we can continue walking towards the cafeteria, I heard a person speak out from behind us.

"There you are, Ayanokouji-kun."

I turned to see who it was, and it was Sakayanagi Arisu once again. She was accompanied by Kamuro this time.