Chapter Twenty-Three

WHY DO I ALWAYS DO THIS! Okay, hello, hi, another chapter a month later, again! I've just been so burnt out with everything this past few weeks, everything just felt bleh. This story is also getting a little bit difficult to write for me idk why. I might put this story on hold for a bit, and try to write something else, maybe that will bring my motivation. Idk we'll see. But yay new chapter (sorry it's not as good as the others)! Also Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

~ Enjoy reading!

-

Two days. It's been two days. Two whole freaking days and Pezzy has gone right back to the way he was. Except it was worse than how he was acting the week prior. And when I mean worse, I mean worse. Much, much MUCH worse. The week prior to Pezzy's breakdown, all Pezzy did was just lay in bed, with a deadpan look fixated on his face. No emotion reaching his eyes. It was like he was dead. But now? Now... it's worse. Every once in a while, Evangeline walks past Pezzy's room, and she could hear the most gut wrenching sobs coming from behind the door. And it takes so much out of her, to not go in and help him. God, she will never forget, when she walked inside his room, the few moments after Grizzy had brought him home. That moment is going to stick with her. She will never forget that. Never forget that.

-

Evangeline was pacing back and forth, biting her thumbnail, as she made quick little glances at her phone, waiting to see if it was going to light up or not. Grizzy said that he should be bringing Pezzy home soon, that was twenty minutes ago. She's super impatient. She just wants to see if her brother is okay, because when she knows he's physically okay (she'll kill him after she sees that he's okay), she'll be able to sleep at night. Sure, it won't be good sleep, but it'll be okay. "Evangeline, quit pacing, and be patient. Grizzy said Pezzy was okay." Evangeline's mom told her, and she stopped pacing and looked her way.

"I know. I know. I'm just... I'm impatient." Evangeline states, and her mother chuckled.

"I know. You both got it from your father. That man was the most impatient person I've ever met. Hell, he was more impatient for Pezzy to be born than I was." Evangeline smiled softly at what her mother said.

"Do you think he's ever going to pay us a visit any time soon, or was the divorce the nail in the coffin of how he's officially done with this family and going to move on to the next?" Evangeline asked her mother. A couple weeks after her and Pezzy saw the divorce papers, she heard her mom on the phone with someone, mentioning that their dad is already in a new relationship and that's the reason why the divorce was finalized.

She just wishes that they could've worked their relationship out, but that would've been selfish on her part. She didn't want her parents to be put through mental turmoil because she was so selfish wanting her mommy and daddy to stay together. But, sometimes, she really does wonder what would've happened if her parents didn't finalize the divorce, and they actually fixed their marriage. Hell, the two siblings might've been in better mental states if they did. But, then again, they might have been worse. Hell, they're probably just better off.

Her mother sighed softly, as she began to pick at her nails, a nasty habit that she picked up from Evangeline. "I don't know. Our relationship wasn't perfect, but he did love you guys. Y'all are his kids." She told her daughter and Evangeline just nodded as she really didn't believe what her mother was saying. All she really wanted to do was just make sure Pezzy was okay and go to bed. She was over this day.

When the front door opened, Evangeline turned her head to see Pezzy and Grizzy walk in. Sighing in relief, Evangeline ran over to her brother and hugged him tightly. Pezzy didn't hug her back. He was just standing there. It was like he wasn't even a real person, more like a statue with how stiff he was standing and not moving. She backed away from him, and she saw the blank expression on Pezzy's face. That got her worried.