Chapter 45 - A Warning

Start from the beginning

Even Kiyotaka is involved in this?

"Basically, he joined in on the wager too. For getting to learn about my past incident in junior high, he would also drop out of school if I beat Horikita-san in mathematics in the final. But if I lost to Horikita-san, he'd get to stay."

"An interesting wager. He put his entire school life into Horikita's hands, just to learn more about you... I wonder why he'd make such a gamble," I said.

"There, that's it, happy now? Two of your friends are going to be expelled. Hope you don't regret not forcing me to stop my antics," Kushida replied.

"I don't regret my decisions. They all have a purpose. Whether they win the bet or not is entirely up to them. But I doubt either party would go into this final without preparing a plan," I continued. "So, what's your plan to take down Horikita and Ayanokouji?"

"I'm working on it," Kushida replied hesitantly.

"What do you mean working on it?"

"It means I haven't finished my plan yet!" She barked back.

"You must be an idiot to go into a fight without a completed plan."

"It's almost done, I just need some time."

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail," I replied.

"Stop spouting your righteous nonsense advice at me, I really do wish you could die," Kushida's words were laced with venom as she snapped back at me.

"Welp, too bad I'm still alive and thriving," I said as I made my way to the library for our appointed study session. "You better leave now, or else you'll be late for the study session."

"You don't have to tell me what to do," Kushida gave her parting words as she stormed past me into the library.

~~~

"You're late," Horikita immediately pointed out my slight tardiness.

"Sorry, sorry," I replied, taking my seat among my classmates. "Something kept me occupied for a minute."

"Fine. As long as you put in the effort, I don't care. Right now, you still have a slightly higher chance of expulsion than Ike."

"Hey!" Ike contorted back at Horikita's response.

"Don't worry so much. A simple test wouldn't do me in," I replied.

"You should hope the school aids you on this final," Horikita added before diving into the study session.

True, I was at a higher risk of expulsion than anyone in the first years. But I don't think the school would be so caring to give one student an advantage over others. I'd need to prepare to get near perfect in every subject if I wanted to remain in this school.

Passing this final exam alone would raise suspicion against me. Considering this exam could be several times more difficult than any previous exam because of the added element of other classes generating test questions.

But being in the limelight for a while or being forced out of this school was a no-brainer decision for me.

I'd stay in this school no matter what it takes.

I've grown fond of my time here, and I wasn't going to allow some exam to take me out.

This school was about demonstrating your value to others, being able to adapt or overcome any scenario, but most of all, winning.

Any opportunity to increase these chances was a golden circumstance.

Whether it be academics, athletics, or special exams, this school gave ample amounts of opportunities to demonstrate your worth, and perhaps, change your future.