Chapter Twenty-Two: Not Changing My Mind

Sofia took a deep breath as she padded towards the front door, she knew it was going to be her parents and she hoped that they were going to be okay with everything; things were still tense after what had happened.

Sofia could only hope that they were going to accept Neymar a little better than they had originally, she wanted them all to get along for her sake especially now that Tiago had been born.

Tiago didn't deserve to be caught up in a family feud that Neymar's parents had started, he needed at least one set of grandparents around and that would have to be Sofia's parents.

Neymar didn't want his parents anywhere near his small family, he had made it clear to Rafaella that she was too tell them that they weren't welcome to come and meet their grandson.

Sofia opened the door and smiled at her parents, she was surprised how quick they had come after the news that Tiago had been born had been announced; she guessed that they hadn't wanted to put off seeing their grandson for the first time.

Lorelei stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Sofia, she hugged her daughter close it had been far from easy to leave her behind with Neymar; she didn't trust the werewolf and she never would.

Antonio watched his wife and daughter for a moment, he wasn't happy that she had made the decision to stay with Neymar; he wanted her to come home where she would be a lot safer than what she was with the werewolf.

"I've missed you so much," Lorelei murmured peeking around the house, she could see that Sofia was home alone with Tiago and it made her wondered where the werewolf was; she was a little pleased that they only had to deal with Sofia.

Sofia showed her parents into the living room, she was sure that things would be fine and she hoped that Neymar would be home soon; Tiago was sleeping soundly in his Moses basket unaware that there was new people in his home.

Sofia checked on him as her parents took a seat, she didn't want things to be this awkward between them after everything had happened; they needed to put the past behind them for Tiago's sake.

"No Neymar?" Antonio questioned wanting to know if they would be expecting the werewolf home soon, he wasn't interested in building a relationship with him especially after what had happened to Sofia.

Antonio wasn't sure that he could ever forgive Neymar for what had happened, he was the reason that Sofia wouldn't come home and he had taken her away from everything that she had loved.

"He's at training," Sofia replied peeking at her father, she wasn't going to actually tell him that Neymar was out on patrol; the pack were on high alert right now and it had set everyone on edge.

Sofia didn't know what had happened because Neymar was trying to keep her in the dark about what was happening; he wanted her not to worry since they'd just had Tiago and she had enough on her plate right now.

"That's good," Lorelei said smiling, she was happy to hear that they actually did have Sofia to themselves; she wasn't interested in bonding with her son-in-law when he was a part of the family that had conspired to hurt her own.

Sofia glare at her mother a little, she wished her parents would give Neymar a chance; he didn't deserve their anger when he hadn't done anything wrong, he had been a victim as much as she had in all of this.

Antonio cleared his throat, he didn't like how protective Sofia was over the werewolf and he wanted nothing more than to make her see how dangerous Neymar was; he would bring nothing but trouble into their lives and Sofia didn't need the werewolf in her or her son's life.

"So Sofia have you considered coming home?" Antonio asked watching Sofia, he wanted her to come home and while he knew that it wasn't easy with her bonded to Neymar it was the best thing for her and Tiago.

Antonio was sure that being back in Argentina would be good for Sofia and it would be the perfect place to raise Tiago; it would be away from all the lime-light and a stable environment to raise the little boy.

"We've talked about this," Sofia said exasperated shaking her head, she wasn't going to leave Neymar behind and she wished her parents could just see how wonderful Neymar was not only as her werewolf but as a father to their son.

Lorelei watched her daughter, she was sure that there was some way that Sofia could come home; there was no need for her to stay in Barcelona now that Tiago had been born.

"Well we are talking about it again... we want you to come home," Lorelei insisted watching Sofia, she wanted her daughter to stop pretending that this was all okay; she wanted things to go back to normal, Neymar wasn't needed and they could do just fine without him.

Sofia was silent as she stared at her parents for a moment before she shook her head and moved to check on Tiago; she didn't want to fight with her parents not when she was so happy with Neymar right now but she did know that this couldn't go on.

"I'm not going to change my mind," Sofia stated firmly, she wanted to stay in Barcelona and the last few months with Neymar had improved; she wasn't going to throw that away now when she was just getting used to everything and they had a beautiful little boy.

Lorelei and Antonio stared at their daughter, they had no idea what Neymar had done to convince Sofia to stay with him; they wanted her to see that this wasn't going to end well.

Sofia was better off without Neymar dragging her down, her parents were sure that she could do better for her and Tiago; there had to be some way to get her away from Neymar.

***

Neymar took a deep breath as he ran his fingers through his hair, he was exhausted but was putting off going home since he knew that Sofia's parents were there; they still hated him and he wished he could change that.

"Do you think we can trust him?" Lionel asked leaning against the wall and looking across the room at Enrique; he didn't know what it was about the rogue werewolf but he didn't trust him.

Lionel wished that Andres had tossed him over the boarder instead of letting him stay, he wanted to protect his family and there was something about Enrique that made Lionel's hair stand on edge and his wolf snarled.

Neymar looked up at Lionel before looking over at Enrique, he had the same feeling that his friend had; he didn't know what it was but his inner wolf was on edge whenever he was around the rogue.

"I have no idea," Neymar mumbled trying to focus on pack things instead of the fact that his in-laws didn't like him; he didn't know what he would do if he couldn't change their minds about him.

Antonio and Lorelei seemed determined to hate him no matter what he did, Neymar just wished that they would stop judging him for something that he had no part in; he was just as much a victim of what had happened as Sofia was.

Lionel huffed shaking his head, he wasn't sure what to make of all of this and he had no idea what he would do if this all went south and someone ended up hurt; he wanted to protect his family and the pack as best as he could.

Neymar watched as Lionel walked away from him, he sighed knowing that Lionel was right to be wary of the rogue werewolf and he had no idea what he would do if Enrique was trouble.

Neymar looked over at the other werewolf to find him staring right back at him with a smile.