Chapter Fifteen: The Truth Revealed

Sofia looked between her parents and Neymar's, things were still so tense and her father was still glaring at Neymar Sr. even after he had broken the other man's nose; it was time for the truth to come out. 

Neymar had just about been able to pull the two men apart and it was clear that there was something they weren't being told; Lorelei was sobbing next to her husband while Nadine didn't look upset. 

"Will someone tell us what is going on?" Neymar demanded looking between the two sets of parents, he wrapped an arm around Sofia scared about what they might be told; the last thing he wanted was for her to hate him. 

Sofia cuddled into his arms, she had no idea what was going on but her father was furious and the way her mother wept was starting to get to her; she didn't want anyone to be hurt or upset. 

"Years ago... my pai borrowed money from Neymar's pai," Antonio murmured nodding to Neymar Sr., he knew that Sofia had every right to know the truth especially now; he wasn't sure what to make of the fact that Neymar was so protective of her. 

Antonio had truly been concerned when he had found that Sofia was married to Neymar, however he could see that she did have feelings for him as he did for her. 

"However with no way to pay the money back... they arranged for a marriage to join their families," Antonio continued, he hated that this had happened and he wondered just how much Neymar Sr. had done to ensure that Sofia was the one that Neymar mated with. 

There was so much that Antonio had never told his daughter and it was clear that his past had finally caught up with them, he couldn't believe that it was Sofia that had been forced to pay the price. 

"Their wives were both expecting children and they were sure that the union would be met," Antonio muttered with a shrug of his shoulders, it had all been too simple in Elias and Alejandro's minds; they had never expected that they would both have sons. 

"Unfortunately both Neymar and I were their only children," Antonio revealed with a shake of his head, the plan had fallen apart and with neither family having a daughter for the other to marry they were stuck. 

Neymar held onto Sofia, anyone could see where this was going and he wanted to cry at the thought that his own father had set all of this up without thinking about the consequences. 

"The debt was forgotten for a time... that was until we discovered we were going to have you Sofia," Antonio said looking to his daughter, she was cuddled into Neymar's side and she reminded Antonio so much of his mother; it was the reason that they had named her after her. 

Lorelei swallowed remembering the day that Alejandro had come to their home and announced the 'wonderful' news that he had contacted Elias to keep the promise he had made. 

"We tried to convince my pai otherwise but he wouldn't listen... he'd already called their family and told them they could have you," Antonio muttered looking down at his hands, he had no idea what Neymar's family stood to gain from this; they were werewolves while the werewolf gene had died out years ago in the Núñez family. 

Neymar closed his eyes, he couldn't believe that his grandfather had done this and that all this mess had been caused because someone had borrowed money.

"We tried everything to try and get first Elias and then them to reconsider but they wouldn't let this go," Antonio spat glaring over at Neymar Sr. and Nadine, they looked so smug and he wished he could slap it off their faces; they didn't even seemed to feel guilty about any of this.

Lorelei wrapped her arms around her husband, there was no undoing any of this now and they would have to get used to the idea that Sofia was married to Neymar; she just wanted them to stop fighting now. 

"So you fled the country with her," Neymar Sr. spat at the couple, he had searched for years for Sofia and he had been furious that they had broken their promise without thinking about the consequences. 

Alejandro had passed away years ago never getting the chance to meet his only grandchild or speak to his son again, he had been devastated by the fact that Antonio and Lorelei had fled before Sofia was even born. 

"We had no choice, you were never going to leave us alone," Lorelei replied shaking her head, she hadn't wanted this for her daughter and she didn't know if she could ever forget what had happened here. 

Neymar opened his eyes and looked over at his parents, they had no idea what he had been through since this had started; he had hated himself for weeks for what he had done to Sofia and he was still learning to put that behind him. 

"So you told Sandro who to look for and had him set all this up," Neymar murmured making both sets of parents look at him, he could feel his anger building and the only thing that kept him from shifting was the fact that he currently had Sofia in his arms. 

Sofia and the baby were all that mattered to Neymar, they were his family and he doubted that he would ever forgive his parents for what they had done; he would have never thought they would sink this low. 

"You had the both of us drugged and let me hate myself for what I did to Sofia," Neymar ranted knowing that they had never considered how he or Sofia would feel about all of this; he could have killed her by accident or worse and they hadn't cared. 

Rafaella was silent listening to everything from the kitchen, she wasn't meant to be listening but she wanted to know what was going on and she was shocked by the truth. 

"If we had told you... you would have said no," Nadine replied staring at her son, she had done this for him and he looked so happy right now with Sofia in his arms and a baby on the way.

"Damn right I would have," Neymar hissed trying to not to lash out, he would never have forced any of this with Sofia if he'd had a choice; he was tied to the brunette now for the rest of his life. 

There was no denying that he loved Sofia, however Neymar only regretted how all of this had started; he would have done things differently if he'd had a choice in the matter, he would never have forced this on Sofia. 

Nadine was silent staring at her son, she had never seen him this upset and angry before; she guessed that he would calm down when everything had settled. 

"I want you out of my home," Neymar hissed glaring at his parents, he didn't want them anywhere near Sofia or the baby; he didn't feel like they could be trusted anymore. 

Sofia rested a hand on her baby bump, she had no idea what to think about what she had just heard; she now understood why her father had never wanted to talk about his parents. 

"You'll thank us some day," Neymar Sr. said sure that once everything had calmed down that Neymar would thank them, he was happy and he knew that Sofia was the key to that. 

Nadine got to her feet, she wasn't going to stay away forever and she hoped that when Neymar had calmed down that he would welcome his parents back with the gratitude that they deserved for setting this up. 

Neymar watched his parents leave, they had betrayed him by helping Sandro set all of this up; they had done something that he would never be able to give and he wouldn't give them the satisfaction of knowing that they had made him happy in anyway. 

Sofia might have been the best thing that had come into his life but Neymar would forever hate the way that her freedom had been taken away from her.