Chapter Nineteen: Becoming Curious

"Will they be okay?" Sofia asked looking to Antonella, she had never seen anything like this before and it made her realise that there was a part of her life that Neymar was hiding from her.

Sofia had never been curious about the werewolf part of his life, she knew that he had patrols shifts and pack meetings but it had never really affected her until now; he was trying to keep that part from her after what had happened.

Antonella smiled reassuringly and nodded her head, she had no doubt that everything was wrong only one of the Espanyol pack wandering too far into Barca territory.

"Relax Fia... things will be fine," Elena reassured comforting the younger woman, this was all new to her and she didn't want to freak out Sofia when there was nothing wrong.

Elena remembered the first time that this had happened when she had become mated to Sergio; she had been so freaked out and had spent the entire hour pacing her apartment waiting for news.

Sofia nibbled on her lip, she knew that Neymar wasn't alone and that nothing was going to happen to him; she rested a hand on her bump wanting him to come home soon, she didn't like not knowing what was going on.

"What do you think is happening?" Sofia asked softly, she had no idea what the pack did together when they were gone but she wished that she had asked more questions about Neymar's werewolf life.

Sofia felt a little guilty, she wondered for a moment if she had been forcing Neymar to feel like he couldn't talk about everything with her; she didn't want any secrets between them, she didn't even know what colour his fur was in his other form.

"They're probably just dealing with the stray wolf," Antonella reassured sitting down, she peeked over at Thiago who was playing in his play-pen; it would drive anyone crazy not knowing what was going on.

Sofia brushed some hair from her face, she felt so out of her depth right now and she had no idea what to expect right now; things had been running so smoothly for them even with the small bumps in their relationship.

"Can I ask you both for advice?" Sofia asked nervously, she had spent so long getting used to being Neymar's wife that it never crossed her mind that there was more to it than that.

Sofia was bond to Neymar in such a strong way that she was tied to him for the rest of her life, she was going to be the mother of his son and this was all happening so fast.

"I don't know how to do any of this," Sofia admitted carefully, she wasn't sure how to be a werewolf's mate and it seemed like she was behind on everything that she should know by now.

Neymar had been mated to her for seven months now and there was no way around it, Sofia felt that she should at least know something about the fact that he was a werewolf.

"I don't really know about being a werewolf's mate," Sofia murmured looking away from Antonella and Elena, she had been left with them since she was closest them out of all the others; Ana was busy and she didn't have time to watch over the younger woman.

Ana had promised to pop in when she was finished, she felt bad that she couldn't help Sofia especially since they had both been through the same thing with their matings.

"Sofia... you have nothing to worry about," Antonella reassured knowing that this was all new to her, she had every right to take things slow; everyone else learnt this beforehand and had time to adjust, time that Sofia had been robbed of.

"Neymar didn't want to push too much after what happened," Elena explained, she had been there when Neymar had asked for advice about easing Sofia into the supernatural world after what had happened.

"What do you want to know?" Antonella asked carefully, she wouldn't tell her too much but she knew that it was a good sign that Sofia was curious about the werewolf part of Neymar's life.

They had all been a bit worried that the mating would put Sofia off completely from knowing about the supernatural, she'd had a horrible experience and no one would have blamed her for doing so.

"I guess I'm just a little curious about the entire thing," Sofia revealed softly, she felt awkward asking these questions and there were things that confused her even after being mated to Neymar for so long.

Elena looked at Antonella not entirely sure that they should be doing this, she didn't feel comfortable about talking about this especially when they didn't know if Neymar had any plans to even talk about this with Sofia.

"Okay," Antonella murmured sitting down next to Sofia, she wondered where to start and hoped that she was doing the right thing; she didn't want her new friend feeling left out when this was all so strange to her.

Sofia nodded her head, she felt a little relieved that she could ask Antonella or Elena about things; she didn't want to completely rely on Ana who had enough on her plate right now with the shift in the pack dynamics.

***

Sofia's head snapped towards the door as Neymar came into the house, she felt relief fill her seeing for herself that he was okay; she had spent the afternoon talking with Elena and Antonella about werewolves.

Neymar hurried over to her side and wrapped his arms around her, he held her close and kissed her as the others came into the house; he held onto her as he glanced back at the newcomer that was inside the house.

"I was so worried," Sofia whispered looking up at Neymar, she could see how tense he was and she wondered for a moment what had happened; she held back the questions that had filled her mind from her talk with Antonella and Elena.

Neymar forced a smile keeping Sofia close, he didn't trust the newcomer that had been brought back to the pack house; he didn't trust him and certainly didn't want him anywhere near Sofia.

Neymar wasn't the only one that seemed tense, Lionel was whispering softly to Antonella while making sure that Thiago didn't wander too close to the strange wolf in the house.

"Shall we go home?" Neymar suggested wanting to get Sofia as far from the strange male wolf as possible, he knew that this wasn't the first stray that the pack had taken in; there were quite a few of them and he had only been a member for the past two years.

Sofia nodded her head and took Neymar's hand, she had never seen him so tense before and she knew that he would explain to her later what was going on.

Neymar smiled before he called a goodbye to the remaining pack members, none of them would blame him for ducking out to get Sofia home and they understand that he was going to be territorial with the new wolf.

Sofia followed after Neymar, he didn't let go of her hand as he led her from the house wanting to get home and relax; he didn't trust the stray and it made him nervous that he had shown up like that.

Sofia felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up as she stepped out of the house, she peeked back to see the newcomer staring at her with a little smile on his face.

Sofia looked away quickly, she wasn't going to start any trouble by bring this up to Neymar; he was overprotective with her being pregnant and Antonella had explained that he wouldn't stand for other males taking an interest in her.

Enrique Garcia smiled watching Sofia and Neymar leave the house, his mission was going to be an interesting one and he was sure that it would be worth it.