Chapter Eleven: Night Time Talks

Neymar yawned closing the back door to his house silently behind him, he ran his fingers through his hair before moving to pull off his trainers and leave them by the backdoor. 

It had been a long day for him, he'd had training that afternoon then a couple of interviews about the season and his marriage before he'd found out that he was due to take the late night patrol shift. 

Neymar hadn't been on the rota recently because of his recent mating but Xavi had decided it was time for the younger wolf to return to the patrol shift like the rest of the pack; it wasn't something that he had missed doing. 

The house was silent as Neymar walked through the dining area and headed for the stairs, he peeked towards the bedroom where Rafaella slept knowing that his sister would be sound asleep right now. 

Neymar quietly made his way up the stairs, he was almost glad that he didn't have training until tomorrow afternoon; he yawned again pausing on the stairs before he climbed the rest of the way up. 

Scratching the back of his head, Neymar stopped when he spotted a light under Sofia's bedroom door; she still claimed the master bedroom and they didn't share yet because he didn't want to scare her off. 

Neymar stared for a moment, he knew that all her things had arrived from Rosario that day and she had spent the day unpacking with Rafaella; he had also heard that her parents had announced that they would be coming to Barcelona soon. 

Neymar slowly walked towards Sofia's bedroom to check if everything was alright, it was two o'clock in the morning and he worried that something might have happened to her and the baby. 

Neymar knocked on the door before he stepped into the small lounge that lead onto the master bedroom; he looked at Sofia who was flipping silently through a photo album.

"Sofia?" Neymar asked softly padding across the room towards the bed, he was worried that she was going to wear herself out; she was nine weeks pregnant and looked so beautiful in her blue cotton chambray PJ set. 

Sofia looked up surprised not expecting to see Neymar, she hadn't realised that it had gotten so late nor had she even heard him knock on the bedroom door. 

"Is everything okay?" Neymar asked concerned sitting on the bed, she was curled up against the pillows at the top of the bed and he didn't want to overstep their boundaries. 

Neymar and Sofia were taking their relationship slow, they had been going on dates and slowly getting to know each other; they wanted to get themselves ready for the birth of their baby. 

"I'm fine... just looking at some old pictures," Sofia replied patting the top of the bed next to her, she had felt a little restless when trying to go to sleep and had ended up looking through the album instead. 

Neymar smiled moving to sit next to Sofia on the bed, he was shirtless just wearing a pair of cut-off jeans since he ran a pretty warm temperature; he sat close to Sofia and watched her knowing that she often got a little cold. 

"My parents are coming to visit on the 13th of May," Sofia said looking to Neymar, she was a little nervous about the idea but there was no way around it; her parents wanted to meet Neymar and they refused to be put off a couple more months. 

Neymar swallowed, he had barely been able to push his own parents back from coming to Barcelona and once they heard that Sofia's were coming then there would be no stopping them; they wanted to meet Sofia before the baby was born. 

Neymar wasn't sure yet if he could trust his parents, Sandro wouldn't reveal why he had picked Sofia and the theory was that he had chosen her because of Neymar Sr.

***

Sofia yawned making Neymar chuckle as he watched her, they had spent the last hour just talking and he had loved that they were able to do this; things were starting to calm between them now. 

"I should let you get some sleep," Neymar murmured gently moving to get out of bed, he didn't want Sofia being uncomfortable and he didn't mind heading back to his own bedroom for the rest of the night. 

Sofia slipped under the bedcovers, she was surprised that they had talked for so long and she felt content about their talk; she peeked at Neymar who was preparing to leave for his own bedroom. 

"Stay," Sofia said watching Neymar, she fixed the pillows to the way that she liked them and smiled at Neymar as he stopped and stared at her surprised. 

Sofia had never hinted that she might want him to stay in the bedroom with her, the bed was big enough for two and she felt ready to take that step with Neymar. 

"What?" Neymar asked not sure if he had heard Sofia right, he would love nothing more than to stay with her but he didn't want to push his luck with things going so well. 

Sofia laughed smiling at Neymar, they were going to have to share a bedroom at some time and they couldn't be sleeping in separate bedrooms when her parents came to visit; they would be expecting the married couple to be sharing with a baby on the way. 

"I'd like you to stay," Sofia repeated watching her werewolf, she had done a lot of thinking and she felt ready to have him here with her; it was time for them to act like a couple and not like room-mates. 

Neymar didn't move for a moment before he slowly moved back towards the bed, he pulled off his jeans to reveal the navy boxers that he was wearing before he climbed into bed. 

"Are you sure about this?" Neymar asked getting settled, he watched Sofia not wanting to rush things; he would happily wait for her to be ready. 

Sofia nodded her head, she moved to switch off the bedside lamp before they both settled down to sleep; it was going to be an interesting night and this first would be a test for them.

***

Nadine Santos huffed flicking through the papers, she was slowly growing tired of her son's excuses about why she couldn't come to Barcelona and meet his mate; she wanted nothing more than to meet the woman that was now her daughter-in-law. 

Nadine knew that her son was going to be upset when he found out what had been done but it was for his own good and he looked so happy with the woman that had been chosen for him. 

It had been hurtful when Neymar had invited Rafaella over to Barcelona to meet Sofia and not his own parents; it was almost as if he knew what had been done. 

"When will we go to Barcelona?" Nadine asked looking to her husband, she wanted nothing more to finally meet Sofia Núñez; she had waited long enough and was growing tired of being pushed away by Neymar. 

There was going to be a baby in a few months and Nadine wished to be there when her grandchild was born; she was excited about the baby and she was sure that her son would be a wonderful father. 

"Soon... the investigation is nearly over and Sandro kept his mouth shut," Neymar Sr. replied smiling at his wife, he had done what he could to make sure that this didn't come back to him; he doubted that this was going to be pleasant when Sofia's parents found out about this. 

Nadine smiled liking the idea, she had so many plans when she finally met Sofia and she didn't think anything could be worse than being stuck away from her children. 

Neymar Sr. watched his wife, he had waited twenty-two years for this and finally things were working out.