Flames around him died down and All For One aimed his tendrils at you.

You didn't flinch. Someone else did.

The Water Gun heroes' quirks suddenly activated at the same time as your mother's as water jetted from your hands then flowed in front of you, gripping the tendrils and ultimately breaking them.

"Ah... I see." All For One's deranged giddiness of the situation was evident in the tone of his voice, the way the wounds of his face seemed to grin without his mouth even showing. "It has awakened."

As another attack aimed at you, multiple double abruptly appeared in front of you in a single file line.

The tendril pierced through all of them but none drew blood.

A flap of large wings were heard above head and Ryukyu looked down at the villain with you stood on her back.

He sees that your eyes no longer glow, but now contain a barely noticeable violet cog in place of your pupil.

You stared at him for a long time before blinking away the unnatural eye to bring back your normal one. Your short hair blows in front of your face, just enough to obscure your mouth and make the disappointment of a father believe that you finally were smirking at him, solely from the victory in your eyes.

Of course, that wasn't the case.

You didn't actually see a conclusion when you used Nighteye's quirk. You saw Midoriya.

That's all you needed.

You jump off Ryukyu's back and grab the feathers that Hawks sent to you, sharp and like blades.

Your eyes glowed again as you gained the same control that your father had when you were crushed under his thumb. This time, there were no strings. This was you.

For once.

The feathers that felt like blades in your hands sliced through this nonexistent barrier All For One created that only said 'untouchable' but failed to prove it as you, the one who had been plotting vengeance for the last decade, drew blood.

You were sent back by a shockwave that All For One sent and Fat Gum caught you.

"Are you okay?"

He hadn't meant it, but that question flipped a switch in you. It made something crumble.

That question had been asked so many times and you met it with a nod or an assurance that you were okay.

"I am sick..." you started with a newfound confidence edging your voice. A newfound volume to make sure that everyone you wanted to hear it would listen. "of being told how my life must go."

You thought of the class you cherished more than anything in this world. You couldn't believe the thought could even cross your mind, but you'd watch a library burn if it meant they were safe.

"I have friends," you enunciated to the villain before you.

The people that act like they've lost half their brain when they're around you, the ones that freely smile even if they seemed immature in comparison to you.

"I am a hero."

The child that sent you that letter while you were in the hospital. The children at that kindergarten that said that you were their favourite one. The classmates that admired you for being one.

"And I am not alone!"

That last sentence was from the pit of your stomach, like it took a hand to reach in there and yank it out for you to finally say it. It was a summoning of every grievance you had.