21

MARIAH
-

I wake up to the sound of shuffling feet downstairs.

I carefully get out of bed without waking Melo, and grab the pocket knife out of the bedside drawer.

I slowly go downstairs and peak around the corner.

It was pitch black, but the refrigerator was open so I could see somebody looking in it.

I get a little closer and the person turns around. I jumped and sighed.

"Mikey! What the hell you can't be creeping around late at night." I hold the knife down by my side.

"Looks like someone's prepared." He chuckles and turns the kitchen light on.

"Where were you? I thought you came home earlier than us?" I watch him as he grabs snacks from the cabinet.

"Somewhere. I fell asleep for a bit." He smirks and I punch his arm.

"Don't lie to me, I'm your sister. Your best friend actually."

He chuckles and pats my shoulder. "Let's just say, it made me feel better."

He kisses my forehead and walks to his room.

"I'm so gonna kill him." I mumble to myself and go back to bed.

•••

"Man, my head is killing the fuck outta me." Gelo rubs his forehead as he sits on the bar stool at the kitchen island counter.

I laugh as I hand him a plate of pancakes, eggs, turkey bacon, and hash browns.

I sit his bottle of water down beside it along with some Advil.

"I'm smelling some bomb ass food!" Melo shouts as he comes downstairs with too much energy.

He comes up behind me and kisses my face over and over.

"Baby that's enough." I laugh and hand him his plate. He sits down next to Gelo and starts eating.

"Where's Ally and Zo? I made them plates too." I start making Evoni and Mikey's plates.

"They went to go pick Zoey up from Denise's house." Melo says with his mouth full.

"Zoey's my baby." I smile and sit beside Melo with my own plate of food.

The three of us eat and watch Vampire Diaries.

Mikey comes out of his room humming and smiling tiredly.

"He definitely got some coochie last night from the way he smiling." Gelo laughs and finishes the last of his food.

I roll my eyes and keep eating.

Mikey gets his plate and sits down beside me. "Hello sister. I don't think silence is the way to greet your favorite, and only brother."

He smiles and I push his head and continue watching tv. "Not unless you tell me where you were, and why you came home so late."