VIII. bang, bang, bang

"Okay, we're here

"Okay, we're here." Deena opened the car door and Josh, Reyes and Kate followed behind her.

"What happens if she isn't there, what will we do then?"

"I don't know Kate, but we need to try."

Deena tried to open the door, non-stop.

"Jesus Deena, give her some time." Reyes commented, but Deena didn't listen.

"Hey Josh, hand me that flashlight."

Deena lifted up the letter box, and flashed the light in.

"Is she in there?" Josh asked.

"Not that I can see."

"Let's look in the windows." Reyes suggested, as Kate held her hand.

The group moved towards the left side of the house, and still couldn't see anything.

"She must be here, the TV is on."

They carried on moving along the house, until they got to the back door. Reyes tried opening it.

"This one's locked too."

"Hey guys, this windows open!" Deena whispered to the rest of the group, as she made her way into the house.

Reyes heard a loud crash, followed by a woman yelling, "don't fucking move!"

The others made their way over to the window, where they saw C. Berman with a knife in her hand.

"Why the hell would you come here?"

"We need to show you something."

"Hey, is everything okay out there?" 

Reyes knew that voice. Then, in that moment, Reyes's mother walked into the kitchen. 

"Reyes? What are you doing here?"

"I could say the same thing. You're friends with her?"

C. Berman put the knife on the counter, "okay, we will catch up later. What is it you have to show me?"

Reyes made her way back around the house and to the car, where her mother was.

"Mom, seriously what's going on. Why have you been staying with her?"

"I'll tell you everything later. I was about to leave, I just heard the news, I'm so sorry about your friend."

Reyes couldn't reply, because Deena opened the trunk where Sam was being held. She was still grunting and trying to get out of her restraints.

"No! No, no, no! You need to leave! Right now! You have no idea what you are doing!" C. Berman shouted before going up towards her house. "Malinda, take your daughter home."

Deena caught up with her, "wait! Yeah, exactly. You are the only person who knows what we're dealing with."

"That's why I don't want that thing near me. Get that car and 'it' off my property."

"Her name is Sam. You could have watched us dead on the six o'clock news, but you didn't. You called us back."

"I can't help you with this!"

"You are our last chance! The witch-"

"No, I'm sorry." C. Berman tried to leave again, but Reyes mom held her back.

"My girlfriend is possessed by her and tied up in a trunk, but you. You saw her and you survived. What was different? Please. Maybe something happened to you, something that can help us to stop her."

"Deena, honey, this is completely different." Reyes mom moved towards Deena, "she was never possessed by the witch. I'm afraid we don't know what to do."

C. Berman moved forwards, "yeah, it is. And even it was the same, you can't stop her. Run, far as you can, fast as you can! That is your only chance."

C. Berman walked away to her house, but Deena was resilient, "look, I can't just run! Look, Sam. I can't let her die. I won't. I love her. Please!"

Reyes mom moved towards C. Berman and placed her hand on her shoulder, "come on, I think you should tell them, tell them what happened at camp."

C. Berman sighed, "fine, just keep her away from Major Tom." She then walked into the house, as Reyes mother turned around.

"I'll help you kids bring her in."

They all pulled Sam out of the trunk, trying to avoid being bit by her, but Reyes still wanted answers.

"Mom, why are you here? What really happened at camp?"

"Reyes, I'll tell you as soon as we tie up Sam." 

Eventually, after they tied up Sam to a radiator in the bathroom, the group made their way into the living room, and Reyes held onto Kate's hand.

The sound of Sam growling came from the bathroom.

"It's completely fine." Josh tried to cover up, "she's tied up in the bathroom, so she, like, totally can't leave now, we're cool."

Sam growled even louder, which caused Reyes mother to put her hand on her chest.

"Yep, cool. Cool, cool."

C. Berman sat down in her arm chair, "take a seat."

Reyes sat down to the right with Kate still lacking onto her arm, which Malinda didn't fail to notice. She thought perhaps her daughter was taken up with one of her friends.

C. Berman opened up a photo album that was in her lap, "in Shadyside, the past is never really the past."

She lifted up a specific photo, which Reyes could see that it was her and another girl from camp, perhaps her sister?

"This was July, 12th. The summer of 1978. The first day of camp."

She slammed the photo down onto the table.

"A week later, my sister and girlfriend were dead."