II. shadyside witches

Reyes entered the bus and made a beeline for Simon, who was sitting near the front with green makeup all over his face

"Wow, really showing school spirit Simon. What's next, dressing as a devil?"

"Ha, Sunnyvale wishes someone as cool as me can dress up to represent them."

The bus quickly got more and more full as there was an announcement that all cheerleaders, band members and soccer players had to go to this Sunnyvale match to pay tribute to Heather. Bullshit.

"So, you excited to be dancing a little routine and to be on top of a little pyramid?"

Reyes would never tell Simon, but she actually was excited to be on top of the pyramid. It had always been a dream of her to be on top and now Kate finally let her, after much persuasion.

"Nope, I'm just doing this for an extracurricular."

"Sure, but, I won't make fun of you. If you actually like it, it's just sometimes you seem like you like cheerleader and other times you don't."

So sweet, Reyes thought. He was paying attention to her. It wasn't all in her head. Maybe, just maybe, she might confess her true feelings to him soon. Just not yet.

"Thank you Simon, I actually am excited to be on top of a little pyramid."

—————