Jab we laughed together

Kiara's Pov

Finally, I get to go to sleep!

Once I helped the others clean up after the puja, I ran to my room before anyone called me to do any other work.

I am so tired! But also why I am hungry?! It is 1 am.

Ok wait, I think everyone is asleep and I can easily go in my pyjamas downstairs without anyone noticing. 

As soon as I got out of my room, I bumped into something stumbling backward... oh wait someone!

I was about to say sorry until I saw his face. 

Yes, yes you guessed it right. It was Reyansh Rao. Of course, my stupid luck!

And to my dismay. There he was looking hot in his workout clothes. Very hot.

Who the fuck works out at 1 am...

and who the fuck looks so good at 1 am. 

Ay Kiara. What are you thinking, you dumbo? 

"Arey arey, Kiara! I know I am hot and handsome but you don't need to fall in my arms", he said smirking at me

"Oye! You really think every girl wants you na. All you do is flirt." I replied turning away from him

"You know na Kiara. Flirting is good for my health...

"LIKE YOGA", we both said together.

I couldn't help but smile at that but I was quick to hide it and excused myself as quickly as I could before I let my guard down in front of him again. 

Reyansh's Pov

I saw that. I saw her smile. 

Oh, she thinks she is so smart. She really thinks she hid it well. 

Well, at least, I got some response from her.

I will make sure that tomorrow, she will laugh in such a way that she will not be able to deny it either.

Next Morning

It was 11. Everything was set. My partners in crime were ready.

Everyone was busy with their own work. Aditi's mom was in the kitchen and Kiara was helping aunty cook. 

I look at Dev and Aditi who give me a thumbs up. That was my signal to put my plan into action. 

I walked towards the kitchen putting up the most innocent face I could and said, "Aunty, you already have so much on your plate. I will help Kiara. You go spend time with the family."

"Aww Reyansh beta. You are so sweet. Are you sure you both will be able to handle it?"

Before I could say anything, Kiara replied, "I don't know about Reyansh but don't worry Aunty. I will make the tastiest halwa. 

"Acha beta, thank you so much. Then, I will go talk to Aditi till then. Tell me if you both need anything", Aditi's mom said leaving the both of us alone in the kitchen.

As soon as she left, Kiara turned towards me, and Raised her eyebrows suspiciously, "Do you even know how to cook?"

I guiltily look at her and whisper a "No" to her. 

"Then what the hell were you thinking waltzing in here? I don't even know the ABC of cooking. I was just doing what Aunty was telling me to do", she yelled at me

"I..uh..wait a minute. Then why did you tell her that you will make the tastiest halwa", I asked. 

"Arey, I did not want to worry her. Ugh, fine. I am going to pull up a recipe and you just stand there quietly and hand me the ingredients when I tell you to," Kiara ordered me.

For the first time in my life, I was okay with not being the boss. I was used to ordering people and here I was obediently obeying Kiara only to get my friend back.

"Reyansh, where did you get lost? I have asked you multiple times now to get me the flour. It is on the shelf" Kiara said waving her hand in front of my face. 

"Sorry! Sorry! I will get it right now, my Highness", I said. 

"Oye. Stop buttering me.", she responded biting her cheeks to stop herself from smiling and quickly turning herself away from me towards the stove.

I was easily able to get down the cylindrical steel container of flour but she does not need to know that. 

So, I opened the box and purposely dropped the flour on myself. 

The thud startled Kiara compelling her to glance towards me. 

Her jaw fell open when she saw me covered in flour from head to toe. 

And she burst into laughter. 

"Ahahaha, Reyaanshh! I know you cannot cook but I did not know that you cannot even carry the ingredients safely to me" She said trying unsuccessfully to cover her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

"Acha, you find this very funny na. Come here Kiara, let me give you a big tight hug" I warned her. 

"No, Reyansh. Stay the hell away from me" she said running away from me. 

I caught up to her but before I could hug her, she tripped. She held my collar tightly for support and we both lost balance landing on the floor. 

She too now had flour all over her hair and face.

There was a moment of silence...

 before we looked at each other and laughed. 

"Do you remember when we had spilt glue all over one another fighting for it in design class", she asked gasping for air while still chuckling.

"Of course, I remember. My hair was sticky that entire day" I replied.

We couldn't stop until her laughter turned into tears. 

"It hurt, Reyansh. It really did hurt when we stopped talking," she said bringing up the bitter topic.

"I am sorry, Kiara. I really am. I don't think I can ever forgive myself for that. It pricks my heart every time I remember that day. Do you think you can forgive me? Can we please be friends again?" I asked holding her fragile hands. 

"I do not think I have it in me to stay mad at you anymore. I too want you back in my life" she said smiling at me. 

I enveloped her in a hug before we were joined by Aditi and Dev. 

"Thank god, you both are not fighting anymore. I wanted all my friends together at my wedding." Aditi said joining the hug.

"Guys, I am also very happy but let's clean up before aunty comes and kills all of us for this mess", Dev said bringing us back to reality. 

We all looked at the horrendous mess we had created and quickly got everything back to normal. 

The rest of the day passed by planning and packing for Aditi's bachelorette trip. 

--🩵--