A swift strike from the left was directly blocked by the Jedi Master and another one slightly oblique caused you to lock the blades in.

"A strong defence." you admit to her, "But I don't intend to lose this fight."

"Your attacks are fluent and strong, but they lack creativity and make you predictable, Lord (S/N)." Master Unduli commented, and you felt the desire to rush at her full speed. The burning feeling to teach her what a true lightsabre duel looks like, but you knew you needed to restrain yourself.

Quickly you retreated from the interlock and took a deep breath to calm yourself.

"You've seen my offence, Master Unduli, still you don't know my defence. You stand like a tall mountain against your opponents, but can't manage to counter. Protection is what you seek but is protection really what you achieve through fighting like this?" you ask her.

Her calm and collected expression faded for a second as she thought about your words. It was clear to Master Unduli, that you wanted to make her attack you, but the hidden reason behind those words remained unknown to her ears and mind.

In the split of a second Master Unduli decided to switch from defence to offence and rushed forward. A faint smile found its way to your face before you quickly got into your usual defence stance. Confusion was displayed on Master Unduli's face for a moment before she resumed her strike with confidence. Powerful and graceful, her strike came down on you from above. Because you practiced this countless times already, you knew how to easily counter such strikes.

Quickly you swing your blade in a rotating motion and gently redirect the strike to pass you by. While your unoccupied hand grabbed the handle of your opponent, you turned yourself around and placed the tip of your blade at the Master's throat.

"An impressive counterattack." Master Unduli compliments, after both of you deactivated your blades again.

"Your defensive is no less impressive, Master Unduli."

"A bet is a bet." she said and turns to her Padawan, "A word is something that needs to be kept, that's a principal of ours. If you betray on of your principals, even if it's the smallest one, you risk also giving up the rest."

"It is important to stick to them since they define a great part of our character. Betraying them means betraying yourself." you add.

"I couldn't have chosen better words." Master Unduli responds to your comment with a thankful nod.

Barriss thanks both of you for the advice and leaves the room to meditate.

"Would you like to grab something to eat, Lord (S/N)!" Master Unduli suggested.

"I most certainly would after such an interesting match. Oh, and one more thing, please call me (S/N). This isn't an official event and you've clearly earned it."

"In that case I humbly accept your offer, please call me Luminara then."

You could feel your bond strengthening and your grip around her heart tightening in that very moment. The first pieces began to fall into place and Luminara's Emotion began to fall into your hand ever so slightly. The ancient technique of your master worked very well and this time you were confident to overcome the drawbacks.

As you both exited the training room and made your way to the Temple's dining area, the conversation shifted from lightsabre duels to a more profound topic—the Jedi Code. Luminara Unduli, the wise and experienced Jedi Master, defended the tenets of the Jedi Code with unwavering conviction, while you, a non-Jedi protagonist, held a contrasting viewpoint.